Getting a 2011 Kona Blue 5.o. Questions..

What's the lowest gear ratio that you can get in an Auto ( Iknow 3.73's are offered in the manual )? Can you get the spoiler delete (no spoiler at all) as you can the v6's? I've heard rumors of the 5.0 putting out around 450 hp for 2012...Any truth to that rumor. If so, I may wait for the extra ponies.

• Sponsors (?)

3.15 is the lowest, (only) gear ratio that comes with the auto. But just FYI the first gear in the auto still gives the car a lower overal gear ratio than the 3.73 does with the manual. So the actual rear gear isnt as critical.

As far as i know the factory rated hp is still 412 for 2012, with the 2012 Boss 302 making and estimated 440 hp.

Thanks Burns. Was always a manual Guy (my ss was) but I've lost my "man card" after putting a lentech in my
notchback. The autos are so consistent and you can't go wrong with them. Do you know if the spoiler delete is an option on the gt?

Yes-there is a spoiler delete option-coded 13D that is no cost.

But it is rare-the dealers seem to like to have all of the plastic spoilers placed on the Mustangs.

I would special order the Mustang with the 13D option if I was ordering.

And the 412 SAE HP is underrated. Youtube will show that many stock 6M 11s are putting out 360-395 RWHP- or more than 430 at the crank.

I have the 3.35 in my 2011 Kona Blue GT, I test drove the V6 with the performance package that has the same ratio. Plenty of acceleration and decent mileage. Certainly the taller ratio's are quicker , but with the torque of this motor no worries.

thanks guys. post pics of your 2011's on this thread, would love to see them.

Congrat's on your order! You will love kona blue! It's an awesome color.

Here's mine:

DSCN1887.jpg