Getting a new headunit with my mach 460 system HELP

ModularGT01

Jul 17, 2006
My Stock deck is done for so I got an aftermarket unit today and Im gonna have it installed tomorrow. I have to pay for them to do all that re-wiring crap for it to work but heres my question: Will my mach 460 amps still power my speakers? If not, my head unit is 50w x 4, will my speakers still sound alright? I know this should maybe go into the audio section but no one seems to post there. Thanks a lot!

• Sponsors (?)

i have a 98 gt and mach 460.....the only easy way to do it and way to get around it without rewiring it is to buy a headunit that plays dvds too or has a screen....any headunit wit this usually has extra speaker inputs which are 2 for front and 2 for rears.....then buy rcas with 2 wires not the single style....and you can splice them in to postive and negative onto a ford premium sound system harness you get at a best buy...etc......and plug the fronts and rears into and it works like magic....took me bout an hour and i couldnt be happier with the quality......but like i said you got fork out the cash to get that kinda headunit .....i got luckly and found a 7" alpine on clearance and my boy works at best buy.....so i got it for 400.....lol...but good luck

You can hookup any aftermarket headunit EASILY to the mach460. Just buy the metra Mach 460 adapter and then the proper brand (i.e. Pioneer) metra harness and they plug directly in. Done. Should take you 20 min.

I had Go-Ho put in a new head unit. The had to use a special harness, but it is common for the mach460. Only the pre-amp in your head unit will be used. Your mach amps will work as before.