Getting Married - Need Help - San Jose, CA

rdmjr83

Mar 31, 2005
Hi All,

I'm not quite sure where to post this, and hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by posting it here. But as the title says I'm getting married, and I need assistance. My fiancee and I are getting married on April 26th, 2008 in San Jose, CA. Originally we had planned to have 4 or 5 classic mustangs to transport the entire wedding party from the ceremony to the reception, but we've found it very difficult to coordinate with that many people and have had to abandon that idea. However she has her heart set on having a 65-69 Mustang convertible there to take pictures with, and as she is soon to be my wife I really don't want to start off in the doghouse by dissapointing her. If you are willing to help me start my marriage on a good note, or know someone who is, please e-mail me with your name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. That way we can iron out the details, and discuss compensation for 1 to 2 hours of your time. If possible, please send a picture of the car. Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Rodney
[email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

I gotta believe you can find some either here, or by looking in a Mustang Magazine clubs directory and finding the local Mustang club.

I'm on the other coast. C'mon West Coasters!

Can't help you from Yuma; but you might try this forum:

http://forums.stangnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

This is the "West Coast Discussion Forum"; if you look, you'll see guys posting up from all around your neighborhood. I'd bet somebody over there would jump at the chance!
You've got no problems posting on this Forum; I'm just trying to get you closer to your "target area". :nice:

Now, if your fiancee wanted to ride in a '69 Cougar 'vert; I know just the lady owner..... lives over in the Los Gatos area. She'd be all over that project like "white on rice". :D

Thanks for the advice StangDreamin', and the support Chepsk8. I'll try posting in the West Coast discussion area, and we'll see if that helps.

I'll keep the 69' vert in mind, if I'm unsuccessful in finding a Mustang I believe she might settle for that as she really wants pictures with a classic car. However she's had her heart set on it being a Mustang, so I have to let this attempt run it's course before I start looking at alternatives. Thanks again for the advice.

Regards,
Rodney

dude if you really want to impress her Just buy one!!!! That would be the bomb!!! You dont even have to ask for permission, hurry cuz this may be the last chance you have to buy a mustang without her permission. :nice: :rlaugh: chris

I'm posting this pic to help out another Stangnet member.

Here's the goal you want to shoot for. A dozen classic Mustang convertibles, a beautiful park, and a beautiful bride. This is from my wedding in 1988.

WeddingMustangs500.jpg

For me, the marraige only lasted 13 years, but I have two fantastic kids.

(first time this pic has been out in 10+ years...)

Hey that looks awesome!!!! I cant wait, So far we have 4 mustangs fixed up but I am planning on hitting up some of my car club buddies and see if we cant get a few more. I am getting married June 21st there is an open invite for a couple of the guys on this site, so it should be a fantastic couple days. One thing i liked about chepies line was the fact that they were all classic mustangs, I don't think we will be that fortunate but it should still be quite the ordeal. Congrats on getting married, you should be able to find a car in your area without much trouble. I would be more than willing to help but from Kansas to Cali it might be a little much for me. Good Luck!!!

She actually bought me a 67' Coupe which I'm doing ground up restoration on however there's very little chance of it being completed before the wedding. Unless I want to drop 10k real fast. I don't think she'd appreciate that though.

Funny story about the car is that she bought it on ebay not knowing that it had been owned by my father previously. He sold it in 83' just before I was born, so my mother and him could get the things they'd need for me.

That's an amazing photo with all the convertibles. I wish I could find that many cars before the wedding.

BDT congrats on your upcoming marriage. It's only 1700+ miles from the center of Kansas to San Jose. Just do 120mph the whole way, and you'll be here in a little over 14 hours. Come on, you can do it. :)

thanks for the compliments. Next time I get married, a procession of Cobras!!!

I must confess, at the time of the wedding, I was president of the now-defunct North Jersey Mustang Club, so I had easy access to the cars.

Andy - did Heather see the pic?

The Vintage Mustang Owners Association in San Jose's pretty active - did a lot of shows with 'em when I lived there, and there's a lot of kind folks who probably wouldn't mind lending a hand. Too bad yall didn't get ball-and-chained before '05, I'd have been glad to drive you in my '67.

I've been trying for the past couple of weeks to access their website, but it's been down. However I found out where they hold their meetings, and I scheduled time off from work so I could attend this Friday. Hopefully I can find some kind soul(s) there who will help me out.

Suki thanks for the info. I'll try contacting them if I'm unsuccessful this Friday at the local club.

Good luck, rdj. I can't offer much more than moral support from here in KY.

Great pic there, chepie. Any bride and groom would be proud to lead that procession. One thing, though: please tell me that you had something in your pocket in that pic! :rlaugh: