Getting opinions on my 5th mustang

JohnVH

Founding Member
May 8, 2000
Lynden, WA
Hey all! Been away for a while due to life and all that BS.. anyway, Im getting a '93 LX Aod car and am seeing what you all think about a decent setup for what I want.. here goes..

I already have a drag car that runs 10's N/A so I want to make this one run corners, but have alot of street power for having fun.. so, do I go with a built AOD, or a 5 Speed..

Engine, Ive played with N2o on my other car, so thinking turbo or supercharger on this one, but want the car to be reliable, and have no issues jumping in it and driving 3hrs down the highway..

What do you all think??

Thanks!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

JohnVH said:
Yeah, I was wanting another 5sp car, Ive seen some T5's cheap enough by searching around, Ill have to see about doing the swap, will the driveline from the aod work with a t5?

You can find t5's for pretty cheap, however if you decide to throw a turbo or supercharger on it down the road you may want to consider in investing in a stronger tranny like a TKO or T-56 perhaps, but for right now a good shape T-5 would get the job done. Not so sure about the drive line from an AOD.