Getting Upper and Lower Control Arms

Guys,

Who out there makes the best upper and lower control arms...

so far Ive checked out the Steeda set..
alulowerrearcarms.jpg

aluupperrearcarms.jpg

the bbk set
bbk-25260_w.jpg

the bbk set is around $200 cheaper...

has anyone had the bbk ones, they are boxed construction. Or should i just go with the steedas ?

failing that, anyone got any other recommendations..?

thanks

EDGE

• Sponsors (?)

The Steeda's are aluminum and lower unsprung weight by about 8-10# for the full set.

Since 1# of unsprung weight is equivilant to around 5# of spring weight, this is like dropping 40-50# off of the car.
Fairly significant.

The Steeda's use a higher quality bushing set also that binds less than the BBK's

You will get bind with both of those setups. You don't want polyurethane on the uppers. Also, Aluminum isn't the greatest material for LCA's. Those control arms have a warning saying for track use, and check regularly. Over a pot hole metal bends.. aluminum cracks. Just my opinion

-wade

I would go with something that had sperical bearings like global west or MM. I don't know if I would bother with uppers or not. I didn't put them on mine. read alot about the upper control arms with urethane causing more bind in the suspention.

I would only go with uppers if I wanted ajustabilty on my pinion angle which I am way to lazy to mess with.

wms004 said:
You will get bind with both of those setups. You don't want polyurethane on the uppers. Also, Aluminum isn't the greatest material for LCA's. Those control arms have a warning saying for track use, and check regularly. Over a pot hole metal bends.. aluminum cracks. Just my opinion

-wade

I'm in Detroit (aka worst roads in the known world), and used the Steeda aluminum's for over 200,000 miles on a '90 Lx that hit the track frequently too. Never a problem. Other than the paint being pretty bad, they're still good to use now.

spikeGT_99 said:
correct me if im wrong but arent the pro3i uca/lca the same design as the steeda ones? and a lot cheaper, regardless ive only read good things about them

I believe the pro3 is designed similar to the MM.

Also, instead of the FRPP uppers as mentioned earlier, get the Steeda HD UCAs - it is the FRPP design that is boxed with a stiffer rubber bushing on top and a 2 piece poly (energy suspension) bushing at the axle.

I have the Steeda HD UCAs and Steeda aluminum LCAs.

While talking about UCA's. I have the adjustable Steeda's waiting to be put in and was wondering what settings I should use? shorter or longer(pinion angle change) length than stock? which would help with cornering or straight line acceleration? Thanks.