Getting Upper and Lower Control Arms

• Sponsors (?)

Steeda uppers (they are stock uppers that are reinforced and have stiffer bushings.

hdupperrearcarms.jpg

Maximum Motorsports (MM) adjustable lower control arms.

mmrlca-32-33.jpg

Just have to get my MM full length subframe connectors installed and then I will install the control arms as well as Bullitt springs, shocks, struts and sway bars.

Adjustable is almost always a waste, unless the car races at several different tracks where you need the pinion angle adjustment, or has some odd set-up where the weight jacker is actually used.

We almost always recommend against adjustables unless it's a dedicated race car.

go read some of the tech articals on the global west site and MM site. they have some good info if you car abou the handling of your car.

you can get away with almost any of these in a drag race only setup.

definatly get the lowers first. ultimatly you would delete the uppers and run a torque arm or something if you really wanted to run a great suspention IMO. then again I like to drive my car around corners as well.

I don't understand why nobody seems to know about Metco Motorsports. They make the highest quality rear suspension components in the aftermarket...hands down. I've used their lowers for years and would never use another brand. I will say that Global West makes good lowers as well but they are heavier. What this boils down to is quality engineering= higher price but I don't care about price. I want the very best for my car. I do understand that there are quite a few college guys/gals out there that don't have the money but hey, save up.

Attachments

• Lowerarms30.jpg
    Lowerarms30.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 81
I have teh Granatteli Motorsports and they made a huge difference in handling and wheel hop. And as an added bonus, you can snag them on Ebay right now for 149 bucks for both Uppers and Lowers.

ffr66cobra said:
MM's are $380.... These Granatelli's are pretty much the exact same control arm for $200 at Jegs.

Go over to the forums at www.corner-carvers.com and ask them what they think of Granatelli. Their stuff is ok but, they have a really bad reputation for poor customer service. On the other hand you will have a hard time finding someone who has had a problem with Maximum Motorsports.

StangPro said:
Problem with those is the spherical bearings that aren't recommended for street cars. Bearings need to be inspected regularly and relaced fairly often, especially if the car sees bad weather or rough roads.
Poly bushings are the ones that need to be replaced. I run spherical bearings on both sides and its not too harsh on "bad roads" and the ride is not harsh. Better ride quality than stock actually. I would be surprised if I EVER had to replace a spherical bearing, especially with the lifetime warranty MM gives.