Girl Help

Nik_95Cobra

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Tempe, Arizona
OK, I've been with this girl for two months (officially), have known her a couple years. Things have been great, I love her and I'm convinced she's the one for me. She's had a string of bad luck lately, and it's caused her to not be in the best of moods most of the time now. Usually, when someone gets distant, something bad winds up happening. She seems to snap a lot lately, and when she does, I take it really personal. It's like your favorite thing in the world snapping at you, not sure how to explain it. Now I have no plans on ending anything, but I was wondering how you guys would bring it up or what you'd do as far as mentioning it. Don't get me wrong, she's a great girl and I'm in it for the long haul, but I wish I had my old happy girl back. Or should I just smile and nod, or am I just overthinking the situation? I guess this post is more of a vent lol, I dunno.

• Sponsors (?)

maybe she's on her period :shrug: , i would give it a day or two just before you bring it up. you could just try to see was botrhering her and stuff. unless shes been like that for weeks. if all fails RIITB(Ram it in the but):rlaugh: :rlaugh:
and never just smile and nod cuz then they just keep acting the same towards you, and as far as you feel, is it like when your stang not running right? :rlaugh:

Her Dumb M-F-ing ex is still in the picture too. Even though they've been broke up for 3 years, he's the dad of her kids, which is understandable, other than the fact that he's a POS and inteferes and crap and I don't get to see her sometimes because of it (which I don't always understand), it's freakin rediculous that we have to put up with his crap. Pisses me off so much. Damn. I wish he'd be a god damn ex and just fufil his duties as the kids dad and not start crap. I wasn't aware of it at 1st, but by the time I was I had already fallen so it was too late. Son of a B he makes me mad.

take her out or get her away from things...you dont have to go on a vaca. but just try getting her someplace were its just the 2 of you quiet and relaxing...I found going to like an art mus. is good just walk around go to dinner beforehand and have a good time.

people get crabby esp. when dealing with things they cannot control, the only thing youc an do is let her know she is not alone, and from what the ex is it sounds like he left her alone and she now has to deal with his crap too.

Sit her down like an adult and just explain how you feel and that you notice she is stressed maybe you can help out, maybe not but letting her know without coming off like a selfish angry "child" might help her too.

Sounds like no matter what you both need to sit down and talk about some stuff.

try something simple and work your way to bigger ones if you want. At some point though the "issues" need to be put out in the air and they will, either on your terms or on the heals of an overdue argument or something in the middle. You cannot workout every issue and that will be the suckie part, but maybe break things down to a manag. group of items.

that and kick the deatbeat in the nuts...at least at the gym in your mind:D

blksn955.o said:
try something simple and work your way to bigger ones if you want. At some point though the "issues" need to be put out in the air and they will, either on your terms or on the heals of an overdue argument or something in the middle. You cannot workout every issue and that will be the suckie part, but maybe break things down to a manag. group of items.

I totally concur.
I just used the word totally and concur in the same sentence.

anyway... you need to get the bigger topics out otherwise you're going to be pissed and in a worse mood than ever before. meaning... if her bad mood annoys you, say something about it. bring it up nicely, make it seem as though you want her in a GOOD mood and ask what you can do to get her there. she should appreciate the fact that you like her at her best and want to see her happy.

as far as the ex goes... that's tough, and beyond my field of expertise...
personally, i dunno, i would also have a tough time dealing with him.
but as far as i know, she doesn't need to be around him when he's with the kids right? fact of the matter is you're stuck with his **** regardless. hopefully the kids eventually realize he's a dumb **** and you'll come out ahead.

unfortunately the kid aspect is going to be something you'll have to work at for a very long time, no short term solution there my friend.

so if you anticipate the long haul, start butterin up those kids now so they learn to drop "dead beat dad".

Caldwell said:
unfortunately the kid aspect is going to be something you'll have to work at for a very long time, no short term solution there my friend.

so if you anticipate the long haul, start butterin up those kids now so they learn to drop "dead beat dad".

I agree.

And I think there may be more involved with the snapping ......

Thanks for the tips Ya'll. The kids seem to love me, they call me their future dad and the dad is seen for what he is, which I never mention around them for obvious reasons but they do see it like it is. Yeah, I was telling her earlier that we should get away so she can get nice and relaxed and come back refreshed, and asking what we could do to get her there. Looks like I'll hold off on getting the bumper and skirts resprayed lol. Thanks for the help guys, was a good vent. And don't get me wrong, she's the greatest.