Give me the balls tocut mybumper for grille

grey5.0beast

Cookies should never be DUNKED!!!
Aug 3, 2004
atl ga
Ok so I know that while my car is getting a cobra bumper that I want to have the painter do everything at the same time so the paint matchesthe best. I know I want to do a cobra grille insert as well, but I don'tthink I want to cut into my bumper... call me wimpy I am just afraid of doing it :(

SWAY ME!!

Ok well I googled cobra grille insert and I found this which amused me...

Cutout.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

it dont see to be to bad....they all come with a template...drill the hole and then follow it going slow..i may do on when i go to paint mine...or do you think that would look funny on a LX?

yeah i would be to cutting into a perfect front bumper...just measure twice cut once really...take your time...

so your getting that huge dent fixed i take it?

They dont all come with templates but just do it. The cobra grill is a must for a gt imo. I still havent done it yet. But I hate the way my front end looks w/o a grill, and the hood gap of course

Yeah finally I am out of school and out of a job so I don't really need the car as a DD right now so its time for a little resto. I am doing that plus cobra rear, 3 inch tails, shorty headers, lowering springs/CC plates, new mirror switch, fix back windows, and some other things as they come along, like DRs that I am getting tomorrow hopefully from pacecar.

MAYBE a TFS 1 cam just for ****s and giggles and I want somelope... but that can wait.

They dont all come with templates but just do it. The cobra grill is a must for a gt imo. I still havent done it yet. But I hate the way my front end looks w/o a grill, and the hood gap of course

your sure you car hasent been hit hard in the front before? i mean that could explain why its like that...

Ok so I know that while my car is getting a cobra bumper that I want to have the painter do everything at the same time so the paint matchesthe best. I know I want to do a cobra grille insert as well, but I don'tthink I want to cut into my bumper... call me wimpy I am just afraid of doing it :(

SWAY ME!!

Ok well I googled cobra grille insert and I found this which amused me...

Cutout.jpg

blah i dont like that at all.

it looks like nostrils on that stang....or a big goofy a$$ smiley face on the front of the car.

i'm really nervous about cutting into my bumper too...

Cutout.jpg

The negative comments are not really cool. I believe that's the front end of a well-respected member's car (Monte Smith - the guy with the very good 3G and Mark VIII fan articles, amongst others).

As someone whom catches crap for how my car looks, I kinda think it's a 'to each his own' type thing. We all like and do things differently - it's what makes the hobby neat.

I actually like how his looks - I bet it looks kinda neat from further away. And it's unique. :nice:

I kinda think it's a 'to each his own' type thing. We all like and do things differently - it's what makes the hobby neat.

....And it's unique. :nice:

sometimes when i make comments, i assume people understand that I also believe this.

if my own brother painted his car pink w/purple polka dots i'd tell him it was fugly and i didnt like it.

but i wouldnt be the one to actually stop him, cause he's a little weird and does things his own way. i know this. it doesnt bother me. i can still make comments though. :shrug:

thank you monte for the articles btw!

It's all good - I didnt mean to sound soapboxish. Here's where I was coming from:

My main point was that I'd hate for Monte to pop in here and see negative comments (I don't think he knows us very well over here). I know if I went to the Corral and saw someone posting a pic of my car and saying something less than positive (whether or not it was meant that way - I don't know a lot of guys over there so I wouldn't know how to take it), I'd be kinda upset.

I dont think anyone even knew whose car it was, and that was what I wanted to stress. Monte posted about it before or has an article about how he did it - it was for Florida heat. It wasn't just a wild hair to hack up the car. I know I'd need to go to the zoo and borrow the giraffe's sack in order to do something like that, so I appreciate folks whom can. :rlaugh: :nice:

:cheers:

Cutout.jpg

The negative comments are not really cool. I believe that's the front end of a well-respected member's car (Monte Smith - the guy with the very good 3G and Mark VIII fan articles, amongst others).

As someone whom catches crap for how my car looks, I kinda think it's a 'to each his own' type thing. We all like and do things differently - it's what makes the hobby neat.

I actually like how his looks - I bet it looks kinda neat from further away. And it's unique. :nice:

Wait, so, ummmm, it's ok to say "I like it" but, not to say "I don't like it"? Sounds kind of Communist to me...

I don't like it at all and I don't care how uncool it is to say. :D

I can understand if someone said, "That looks like ASS and the owner should be shot to death for doing that." :shrug:

It's all good - I didnt mean to sound soapboxish. Here's where I was coming from:

My main point was that I'd hate for Monte to pop in here and see negative comments (I don't think he knows us very well over here). I know if I went to the Corral and saw someone posting a pic of my car and saying something less than positive (whether or not it was meant that way - I don't know a lot of guys over there so I wouldn't know how to take it), I'd be kinda upset.

I dont think anyone even knew whose car it was, and that was what I wanted to stress. Monte posted about it before or has an article about how he did it - it was for Florida heat. It wasn't just a wild hair to hack up the car. I know I'd need to go to the zoo and borrow the giraffe's sack in order to do something like that, so I appreciate folks whom can. :rlaugh: :nice:

:cheers:

i understand completely now. and agree 100%. :cheers:

Well my car is in the bodyshop and guess what? They just called me and said that he never actuallymade the claim with State farm(the guy who hit me) So now the dude is out of town and I don't have his cell nor does my GF or her family so I have no way to get in touch with him to tell him to call state farm. I called his agent and told him to call the guy and ask him about it so he knew I wasn't just some Joe-schmo trying to get a free insurance paid fix. DAMN PEOPLE, oh and my body guy said the ABC exclusive bumper was good quality and fit so that's a plus!

PS I paid 270for it from M U which was cheaper than direct from ABC, which was 200 plus 100+ in shipping. Just thought I'd let you guys know!