glass window on convertible

knowlegeable1

Feb 5, 2004
Cali
Hey, i just got my drop top 5.0 and the back window is glass not the plastic thing. Anywho, the glass is in place, but the bottom is loose, and i was wondering if there are any quick fix like a heavy duty glue or something? Or should i take it somehwere and have them fix it? if so where? thanx

• Sponsors (?)

I asked around here, when I needed a new one, and you can not glue it back.

I ended up purchasing a new glass from CJponyparts.com

Had a guy my Father heard of install it for $125!

You do need a new one. Once the vinal separates it's over.

Henceforward said:
I asked around here, when I needed a new one, and you can not glue it back.

I ended up purchasing a new glass from CJponyparts.com

Had a guy my Father heard of install it for $125!

You do need a new one. Once the vinal separates it's over.

NO! Dont tell me that :bang: Well, would some glue help in the meantime, i mean its not like the car is gonna get wet? Thanks for the input. Oh and where can i gt it installed? im new at this.....

knowlegeable1 said:
NO! Dont tell me that :bang: Well, would some glue help in the meantime, i mean its not like the car is gonna get wet? Thanks for the input. Oh and where can i gt it installed? im new at this.....

I phoned an upholstery shop they said they fix me up for about $15 when my vinyl tore below the window. Haven't done it yet, pretty sure it'll be Ugly but it is cheap and watertight...

knowlegeable1 said:
That sounds good to me. leaves me money for gas. thanx

this was done for me for about 30 bucks it's a patch that runs the entire length about 2 in. below the rear glass. This was done as the previos owner was a very rude to others and his friends so they jacked his car and stereo eqiupment the top was thrashed and so was the interior and speaker wiring and they also blew his new tranny.

back_of_car2.jpg

vert_window_patch.jpg