glasspacks

• Sponsors (?)

If you wanna go overboard redneck take your glasspacks and soak then in a bath tub full of water for an hour or so before you put them on.The packing gets soaked up then hardens when it gets hot,will be just like straight pipes and loud.Don't even remember where I heard that but tried it on a truck once and it really cackled.

i love the sound of glasspacks, not sure what's so bad about them. they sound plain badass to me, i love the rap they make. i have the dynomax race magnum bullets, incidentally and like them as well; they have a very ill-mannered sound about them hehe :D . should last longer than the glasspacks, and they do actually sound a tad bit reminiscent of the glasspacks. i'd love to see you get some glasspacks, but my second choice would either be magnapacks or the bullets. i personally don't like the sound of flowmasters, and most likely neither will you if you like glasspacks

well then...IMHO the dynomax race magnum bullets are the way to go. i prefer the sound of glasspacks, but for $32/each (still dirt cheap for mufflers) you get actually better flow than glasspacks, and the sound won't offend as many ppl as it apparently does...i have the bullets and they are very nice :nice:

Anyway if you just want to make the car louder then get some thrush turbo mufflers, 12 to 18 bucks per and it will be loud with a mellow tone while driving. Then come back and save up for real mufflers.

-a :flag:

I bought a '79 Bronco a couple of months ago and it came with glasspacks (surprise, surprise). I've always hated the sound and I think it's embarassing to drive. When you buy cheap mufflers, that's what you get. Cheap mufflers. They are LOUD and do nothing but kackle and pop. To me glasspacks make a car/truck sound like the motor is running on half it's cylinders with straight pipes. It's just hideous IMO. Maybe I'm biased because I didn't grow up in the 60's or 70's, but I can't think of a worse sounding muffler. I'd rather run open headers. Once I buy some of the stuff I need for the Stangs I will be getting a new set of cheap headers for the Bronco and then taking it to an exhaust shop to get a decent sounding exhaust (with REAL mufflers) fabricated. Everybody has Flowmasters, but there's probably a reason for that. I think they sound great.

mustangdaren said:
There are a couple of videos and a sound clip on my clubs website. www.xtrememustangs.com I just took them off the car yesterday and installed MAC pro dumps. The pro dumps are a lot quieter. I like the sound of the dynomax better but it is killing me when I drive it for long periods.

Hey Daren...I see you are from HICKORY. I worked there last summer. Actually I played baseball for the HICKORY CRAWDADS from June-Sept.

Did you ever go to a game??

I never saw your car around. What part of town do you live in.