Glenns Performance

TOOLOW91

If you're the village idiot what's that make me?
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
S.I.NY
Well tax time is here and of course i need fuel to feed this hybrid motor i am building ;)

What do you guys think of the glenns 1000hp pickup system? I looking in to the aeromotive kits this is cheaper and i am not a fan of there external pumps as i have seen on friends cars fuel pressure and flow drop off as they get hot.

This is the kit i was looking at http://www.glennsperformance.com/pr...ucts_id=257&osCsid=ggofask5flu0jn1i762vao77d0

I also like the rails already have the angle so no dist. clearence issues.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

That's pretty much the system I've run for years. Except I pieced it together and used pushlock hose.

Some people don't like that pickup (not sure if they don't like it from experience or theory), but I haven't had any issues with it, even when the tank has been low on gas.

Can't comment on the rails because they weren't for my application.

Reactions: 1 users
It's what I'd use! Looks like a very good system and I haven't seen any negative reviews anywhere. Aeromotive has a good system but there are a few negative reviews like you stated above.

Also you can run e85 worry free and not have to rely on meth/race fuel if/when you really want to turn it up.
No e85 round here :( one station all the way in Newark nj - anyways this is street car stuff 93 pump junk only . lol but I did see the lines are resistant for all that stuff

Hi
I have that system, twin walbro pumps that is what you link is too??. Bought in 2011 and no problems getting fuel. I do have a problem with a leaking fuel return line. No holes visible.. just found it and got a ptfe hose from Glenn, going to replace today.
Any way the rails fit great.

Hi
I have that system, twin walbro pumps that is what you link is too??. Bought in 2011 and no problems getting fuel. I do have a problem with a leaking fuel return line. No holes visible.. just found it and got a ptfe hose from Glenn, going to replace today.
Any way the rails fit great.
Yup that's the one I am looking at the pickup system

I'd consider piecing it together (if you have time). While I can't say for sure you will save money, I know I did.
I also liked the pushlock hose better, I think it was cheaper and easier to install and cut, doesn't have the bling factor, but I'm not a fan of that anyway.

There are other places you can save money too, like at the Y blocks, if you use straight connectors you can avoid buying all those 45's. I used 45's, but probably shouldn't have since you can't see the system installed, the hose bends plenty easy to make your own bends. Not as pretty though if visible.

What I really liked was the black lightweight stuff. Easily looks the best, but costs the most (that's why I didn't do it).

Sometimes on ebay you can find people selling all their extra fittings, I got some boxes of them with some I needed some I didn't, but the lot cost me less than just one or two parts from summit. I gave the extra's to my buddy for his shop because I used some of his for ones I didn't have, but it was still a win win for both of us.

Just keep in mind, the hunt for parts for me is sometimes as fun as installing them, and I didn't need it all immediately, you may, if that's the case, just buy the kit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'd consider piecing it together (if you have time). While I can't say for sure you will save money, I know I did.
I also liked the pushlock hose better, I think it was cheaper and easier to install and cut, doesn't have the bling factor, but I'm not a fan of that anyway.

There are other places you can save money too, like at the Y blocks, if you use straight connectors you can avoid buying all those 45's. I used 45's, but probably shouldn't have since you can't see the system installed, the hose bends plenty easy to make your own bends. Not as pretty though if visible.

What I really liked was the black lightweight stuff. Easily looks the best, but costs the most (that's why I didn't do it).

Sometimes on ebay you can find people selling all their extra fittings, I got some boxes of them with some I needed some I didn't, but the lot cost me less than just one or two parts from summit. I gave the extra's to my buddy for his shop because I used some of his for ones I didn't have, but it was still a win win for both of us.

Just keep in mind, the hunt for parts for me is sometimes as fun as installing them, and I didn't need it all immediately, you may, if that's the case, just buy the kit.
I thought about that but I really just like having everything in a kit I am just that way with certain things this is my first big fuel system so while it's simple I am still intimidated by it .

I thought about that but I really just like having everything in a kit I am just that way with certain things this is my first big fuel system so while it's simple I am still intimidated by it .

Most people only do it once, so each time we see it, it's usually the first and last time.
Don't be intimidated, it's just an erector set. Routing i'd say is the biggest concern, be careful around the exhaust and moving parts obviously, but it's not brain surgery.

Glenn reworks his fittings to flow a little more or that is what he advertises... i am very happy with mine.
Did have to replace the return line yesterday.. The rails worked great... I went through quite a hassle before i Bought Glenns.

Still happy with the system

Glenn reworks his fittings to flow a little more or that is what he advertises... i am very happy with mine.
Did have to replace the return line yesterday.. The rails worked great... I went through quite a hassle before i Bought Glenns.

Still happy with the system
as soon as my tax check comes I'll be ordering the 1000hp pickup style setup to keep my stock tank

How loud is it having external pumps like this?

I honestly don't know as far as this system . Others I've heard are noisy but not enough to bother me .

I went with the aeromotive a1000 stealth full fuel system with the 03 cobra style tank and drop in pump