GM, Nissan, and Toyota, Oh My? Possible Merger?

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
I was at a job interview at a GM dealership. Durring the interview we discussed the automotive economy and the service manager told me that most likley, Toyota and GM, as well as Nissan may merge. As he explained it, GM is the largest, with the most resources and facilities. GM builds thier trucks the best, while Toyota builds the better cars. GM has what Toyota lacks, and Toyota has what GM lacks. I guess Nissan is along for the ride. All I know is that will be one big car company. Ford is getting smaller every day.

• Sponsors (?)

aaron11272 said:
Toyota is doing so good though! I can't why they would want to merge.

Because GM has plenty of plants doing nothing and they want to build more. Plus, what about full size trucks, they arn't doing too hot there. Tundra 2500... doesn't exist... but it might soon.

lol, well at least those chebby owners won't have anything to talk chit aboot anymore. lol, we'd be the only "american" company still out there.

and don't disagree/ get all technical on my ass, just let me think im right.

90mustangGT said:
Ford is a european/mexican car company now. They outsource like no other.

Many Ford and Honda will merge... that would be funny.
Then it could be a Fonda.. as long as it wasn't a Jane...

GM and Nissan are looking at a partnership... There won't be any ownership changes. There was a rumor that Toyota was going to get in on that, but Toyota recently stated that they don't plan on any partnerships. And to be honest, they probably don't need the help...

Great, that's all the world needs. We finally get a car maker worth a dang (i.e. Toyota) and now it may merge with the cheapest and lowest form of car ever created from plastic, fiberglass and Dexcool:

Generalmissimo Mayhem

:fuss:
Boooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

i cant see why t0y0ta w0uld d0 that...they are d0ing great al0ng with h0nda. t0y0ta just shelled 0ut 2.3 milli0n d0llars f0r 30 cars f0r red bull racing. i think m0st 0f them are g0ing t0 be the car 0f t0m0rr0w but i cant be certain. little insider kn0wledge, my buddy is a chassis fabricat0r at steve levette (?) racing

dragnazz5.0 said:
i cant see why t0y0ta w0uld d0 that...they are d0ing great al0ng with h0nda. t0y0ta just shelled 0ut 2.3 milli0n d0llars f0r 30 cars f0r red bull racing. i think m0st 0f them are g0ing t0 be the car 0f t0m0rr0w but i cant be certain. little insider kn0wledge, my buddy is a chassis fabricat0r at steve levette (?) racing

1 cant see why they would even th1nk of that. Not a good 1dea. W1th the st1gma attached to GM, Toyota stands to lose the1r customer base.