Going 5 Lug, Wheel Opinions?

ike34

Jan 16, 2004
Waterloo, IA
Im going to be converting to 5 lug soon, and Im trying to decide on wheels. I think I want to go with 18x9 and 18x10 Saleens. Im thinking of either going with hyperblack or just black. I made some quick photoshops, nothing special just to get the idea. Whats your opinion?

picture.php

Hyperblack
picture.php

• Sponsors (?)

Stick with the silver wheel. All black looks like crap on any vehicle IMO. Besides, the silver look of the wheels above do a better job of setting your paint off than black does.

But hey...it's your car. If you want black, go black. :shrug:

silver.. i run the same wheels 18x9 and 18x10 in chrome. i don't like all black wheels. makes everything look dirty around it imo. without something to contrast, like a polished lip atleast.

As a compromise, they do make those wheels in black chrome. I also know of the distributor that supplies American muscle, tire rack, etc. I'll send you a link if interested.

Don't like all black wheels either... IMO, they lose their detail. Go hypercoated from American muscle. I have that color in FR500 and it looks great. Not as shiny as chrome, yet not dark like anthracite. Good looking color.

silver. with black rims it seems that nothing stands out. neither the car nor the rims. the contrast will be nice with the dark color of the car. dark rims and dark paint, kind of boring to me. but, whatever floats your boat.

with out a doubt the silver! i agree that the black wheels on any car show none of the detail of the wheel. why spend the cash on high dollar set of wheels and not be able to tell what they are unless you are right up on them. the contrast between the silver (maybe even gunmetal) and your paint color looks fantastic if you ask me. just my opinion and $.02

options are limitless with a five lug swap. i wanted something a little different than the "normal" wheel you see on foxes. while i do agree that the cobra r wheel looks good on them it seems that everyone has them around here. do some searching and some more photoshop work and see what you can come up with. took me a while to decide but i think it was worth the wait and effort.

bullitts... no one has em.

You should browse the forums more often, many people have them.
Same with any of the cobra wheels and as of late the 99-04 saleen wheels.

Me personally, i like both of the photoshops.
I kinda like the black better, but black is trendy so don't expect to love it forever.