Going back to a 4.6 from 5.4 am I missing anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after letting the car sit for such a long time now, I just dropped it off friday to get a new motor. Going from a built lightning motor with a broken modmax spring to a mach 1 motor. It'll be great to have the weight shaved too.

The new motor has a forged crank and is getting billet rods ( oliver or manley ) whatever the builder decides/orders tomarrow, building 1 for me and 1 for himself, CP 17cc pistons, stainless ring pack and billet oil pump gears. Anything missing??

JL

• Sponsors (?)

With the factory oil pan if you keep the revs up in the DOHC engine all the oil will go to the top of the motor and there won't be that much on the bottom. Not good! It doesn't cost that much and its life insurance for your engine. SHM has a racing oil pan for something like $300 I think.

BTW you will have the same engine I will have pretty soon. I am getting Billet rods, billet oil pump gears, racing pan, and JE deep dish pistons. Now...what power are you going to make? Because the sky is the limit with that engine. :nice:

well, for now because I wanted to overbuild the money is spent on the motor, but 280 to the wheels for a couple of months wont bother me at all. After that I plan on doing either just a tuner kit with S-trim and impeller upgrade with a small pully or saving for a couple more months and taking on that induction concepts package!!!

superchargers take alot of power to make power. Plus on a supercharger it wont hit full boost until redline because it can only make x amount of boost at x amount of rpms. And since it takes so long to build boost you will make no amount of torque. Now take a turbocharger that will spool up fast and you are making ALOT more potential. I'm dumping my supercharger for a twin turbo kit. Here is just a taste of what the difference is. My supercharger makes 11psi at 7,000rpms. The turbo kit that I'm putting on will make that boost at 3,000rpms. So in return I will make tons of torque at a very low RPM. Plus on top of that I will lose a pulley allowing my engine to make more power because it will spin more freely.

Monkie said:
superchargers take alot of power to make power. Plus on a supercharger it wont hit full boost until redline because it can only make x amount of boost at x amount of rpms. And since it takes so long to build boost you will make no amount of torque.
Hmm, yep, no torque here. :rolleyes: 400 rwtq at 3700 rpm? Of course not as much as a turbo would make but to say that a supercharger makes "no amount of torque" is absolutely ludicrous.

Graph.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.