Going Kenne Bell (again)

• Sponsors (?)

what about these 2 blue things that came with the fel-pro gasket kit?

and do i put some adhesive or something on the gaskets to keep them from moving while i am trying to get the intake positioned?

dscf0867.jpg

Attachments

• dscf0867.jpg
    dscf0867.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 46
I don't, but you can. The rear seal has a nipple sticking out of it that gets pressed into a hole in the block to help hold it, but a little ultra black rtv on the bottoms of the seals will hold them good if you give the rtv time to cure. That is the MS 93334 kit and I hold it's quality in high regard. Once the gaskets are in place, spot rtv at the ends of the seals per the instructions. I've never had this kit leak in any way when properly installed.

got the gasket surfaces clean ... took 1 1/2 hours :(

it's a real pain to get the gasket shavings out of these things ... is a toothbrush the best?

or do i not have to worry about it?
dscf0878.jpg

Attachments

• dscf0878.jpg
    dscf0878.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 44
Even with my engine sealed, I ALWAYS use a shop vac while IM doing things in the engine that move metal or dirt around.

EXAMPLE: When I drilled the extra hole for my 4-bolt C/C plates, I kept the shop vac right at the point of drilling, so that no metal would blow around the engine bay, even though everything was closed off...Cant be TOO careful.
RC

the lower is in, but i have questions:
dscf0882.jpg

the injectors feel like they should be tighter, but i can't get them in any further, do they look right?
dscf0883.jpg

what is this hole for at the back of the intake?
dscf0885.jpg

Attachments

• dscf0883.jpg
    dscf0883.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 50
  • dscf0882.jpg
    dscf0882.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 33
  • dscf0885.jpg
    dscf0885.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 44
tmoss said:
HOw did the Holley lower line up with the head runners?
it looked good to me, but i'm not much of an expert at this stuff ...

any thoughts on the questions? i really don't think the injecters are all the way in, can i tap them ever so lightly with a hammer (with the protective plastic covers still on the tops)?

BlackVert said:
any thoughts on the questions? i really don't think the injecters are all the way in, can i tap them ever so lightly with a hammer (with the protective plastic covers still on the tops)?

I wouldnt force them in with a hammer....if they arent popping all the way in then something is wrong i think. Either the injector or intake. Is each injector seated at the same place? What injectors are they? Where did they come from?

BlackVert said:
it looked good to me, but i'm not much of an expert at this stuff ...

Might help if you lightly oil the O rings.

Grady

final5-0 said:

Grady
ya try a little oil, when you bolt your fuel rails down it should push em all in nice and tight and hold them there.

BTW whats goin on with your dist, is it missing a piece or something?

nmcgrawj said:
I wouldnt force them in with a hammer....if they arent popping all the way in then something is wrong i think. Either the injector or intake. Is each injector seated at the same place? What injectors are they? Where did they come from?
they are ford 42# injectors

final 5-0 said:

Grady
i'll try it

urban96 said:
BTW whats goin on with your dist, is it missing a piece or something?
the rotor is not all the way down and the cap and the piece it connects to are not in yet