Going to Atempt to change clutch tomorrow

• Sponsors (?)

Adam95GT said:
whats the greese trick...

OH and a special thanks to urban for hooking me up with a hurst STS
:nice: no problem

the grease trick is where you fill up the area behind the bearing with some thick grease, make sure to leave no air pockets.

then you take either a socket and fill up the inside with something so its air tight or use something round thats about the same size as the inside of the bearing

then you hammer it into the center of the bearing compacting the grease hopefully forcine the bearing out

i didnt have grease so i bought a 3 jaw bearing puller from harbor frieght and had it out in a few mins with no mess

Pics up for you guys:

Me and my grandfather
View attachment 424727

Taking off the fly wheel:
View attachment 424729

Small leak:
Picture201812.jpg

Working on something(k brace is beat to **** from bottoming it out):
View attachment 424733
View attachment 424735

Crawling out:
View attachment 424737

LOL whats left of tob trany out of car...
View attachment 424738
Taking out the tob... (grandfather wanted to use his tools.... i wanted to just yank it out...)
Picture201800.jpg

Picture201801.jpg

View attachment 424744
View attachment 424746
View attachment 424748

Yeah baby im Dirty (lol just noticed the greasy ass hand print on the door LOL):
View attachment 424750

the TOB comes off a lot easier if you seperate the bell and trans. that way the input shaft isnt in the way and you can just remove the clutch fork without breaking anything else

DJiCE said:
you know whats even cooler than you attempting
the clutch install, is working with your grand father..

Looks like both of you are having fun !!:nice:
And the only thing better than mentioning how cool it is, is to do so thrice. :D

Just messin. It was a server burp, I'd imagine.

I agree that it looks like you're having fun. I almost remember being that young once. :(

DJiCE said:
you know whats even cooler than you attempting
the clutch install, is working with your grand father..

Looks like both of you are having fun !!:nice:

It was great... there was a time where i dint talk to my grand parents for 5 years... my parents wouldnt allow me... they tried to fight for coustdy of me when my parents were argueing .... I always snuck over there.... i was basically arrested once when my parents kicked me out and i went there.... they live a block over.... cops came and picked me up and told me i had to go with them back to my house... ive had horrible family problems... i wasnt alowed to talk to any of my aunts and uncles either... they went to court about my brother... they now have visitation rights with him once a month... and when i need $$$ for something and ask my mom she says she doesent have any and blames going to court for it... my life was really screwed up... now i go over there when ever i want... my parents know that i support my self.. and that i could leave at any time... its tought me alot... but i missed out on alot of time with my family that ill never be able to get back... still kinda hurt by it... but this has all made me in to the person i am now...

Yeah, do the grease trick for the TOB. I rented a puller and STILL did the grease trick...

When putting everything back in separate the trans and bell housing so you can put the bell housing in easy... then the trans bolts up easy too...

Overall looking good man...

Don't worry about the D/S until you get gears and/or otherwise need one...

And i personally would take the trans from the bellhousing to put it back together, man that must have been a pain in the a$$, much easier to seperate the 2 no wonder you where asking for advice on the top 2 bellhousing bolts.

Dagz

top bolts on the trans were being complete ass as well... i did put a small chip in my hood holding it up to sit on the motor :( ill touch it up though... it just fits along with all the other rock chips in my hood... PO had a rock driveway... hell i should just start looking for a Cowl hood... small like 3-4 inches... would be pure sex with the cobra R's but im not all that concerned with looks

droptopford 5 0 said:
sweet triple post man! haha j/k . YA MAN way to represent, looks like we got another vert on our hands?!!!

Even though im not a fan of the vert... I guess we do lol... I kinda dont have a choice... but hell all i want out of it is 13's and ill be happy... and with a vert ill be doing it in style... lol cause im one classy ass mother ****er yo! pimping it hard core in S NJ:rlaugh: REPRESENT!

View attachment 424478