GOING TO CARB...SAME FUEL PUMP?

• Sponsors (?)

If you can successfully regulate the high pressure EFI pump down to a low enough pressure for the carb, there's absolutely no harm. From what I've read, not very many people have success though, so it's typically recommended to sump the tank.

I have done it numerous times with great success. But I am wrong according to some on here. Going to be installing a V8 in the 90 in my sig, guess what? Using the stock pump. Just get a good regulator and don't worry about it. The holley that I am using has a ball bearing that is for some reason the spring fails, it will stop all flow...

Posted via Mobile Device

Not to thread jack but,

On the car I recently purchased, I've been looking it over to solve a rich idle problem and found a stock looking pump mounted in front of the tank hooked up via rubber hose to the metal line.
Then in the engine compartment I have a rubber hose from the metal line goin directly to the carb, with no regulator in sight anywhere!??

Also the return line is not hooked up??

Are these my problems? or are there low pressure pumps made for this that maybe the OP could use?

Not to thread jack but,

On the car I recently purchased, I've been looking it over to solve a rich idle problem and found a stock looking pump mounted in front of the tank hooked up via rubber hose to the metal line.
Then in the engine compartment I have a rubber hose from the metal line goin directly to the carb, with no regulator in sight anywhere!??

Also the return line is not hooked up??

Are these my problems? or are there low pressure pumps made for this that maybe the OP could use?
someone may have taken the efi pump out of the tank and used the return line for the low pressure fuel line,what carb are you running? on a holley you can change the jets and the cam on the throttle shaft.You need to find out what pump you have and check the fuel pressure