Going to Re-DDyno my Kenne Bell 01 Cobra tomorrow

DoubleONegative

Jun 30, 2003
Tioga Cty PA
Ok guys here is the deal.

After my first Dyno i only put down 405RWHP and 386RWTQ running really rich on 8psi the dyno a land and sea AWD dyno. Tomorrow i am going to a Dyno Jet the same dyno that my car has about 12 pulls on. The original dyno was done 4 days after the install.

This time we are going to do a complete data log using Raptor and SCT software. So hopefully we will get the bottom of it

My stock and modded numbers are in my sig

wish me luck

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

The results are

405RWHP/366RWTQ

The A/f was perfect believe it or not but it is pulling timing up top 3-4 degrees

With a little timing added it should make 420-430ish still off the advertised HP rating. Amazingly though if you do the math it comes within 2hp of the rating 462 but thats at the flywheel. KB claims that same number at the rear-wheel....interesting huh? 405x .15 = 60.75 or 461BHP

My Dyno Sheet

mike%20worden%2001%20cobra%20blown.jpg

HoustonGT said:
-U should call Kenne Bell and demand 35rwhp from them...theyll tell you to opt for their intake kit i bet. :flag:

he did get the cold air kit...

Mike At least you A/F looks better...I wonder what that says about the other dyno's a/f reading???

Ya there's definately something wrong there bro, you should be seeing alot more torque than horsepower, I am also running 8lbs boost (see sig) & I am pulling 400 hp & over 500 torque rear wheel, I was running allitle lean prior & at only 6 degrees timing prior & was still pulling 355 hp & 444 torque @ the rear wheels.

Ray@VSK said:
Ya there's definately something wrong there bro, you should be seeing alot more torque than horsepower, I am also running 8lbs boost (see sig) & I am pulling 400 hp & over 500 torque rear wheel, I was running allitle lean prior & at only 6 degrees timing prior & was still pulling 355 hp & 444 torque @ the rear wheels.

He might not see more torque than horsepower. He's got a mod motor and it's only 281 ci versus your car which is 302. I had a Paxton blown 99 Cobra and I saw 455.5 rwhp and 381.1 rwtq. On my 95 Cobra, I made 395 rwhp and 415 rwtq.

Now the KB should give him more torque than the Paxton though.

I got close. Made 406 rwhp with a 462 rwhp KB kit. I think they have one tech. He is developing all the 04 and 05 KB kits for all makes of vehicles.
So far he is the only one responding to our problem. It is not too hard to figure out where we stand on the priority list.
With a limited number of 99 and 01s, most of them already modded,
the maket has its limits.
Most of the 9 lb kits seem to be just low on power.
The lower boost kits are low on hp and seem to have tuning problems also.

one2gamble said:
I keep reading this over and over again with the KB kit, I have yet to see a dyno number higher than 410. In my opinion I wouldnt touch the KB until they figure out whats up.

HPLouis said:
He might not see more torque than horsepower. He's got a mod motor and it's only 281 ci versus your car which is 302. I had a Paxton blown 99 Cobra and I saw 455.5 rwhp and 381.1 rwtq. On my 95 Cobra, I made 395 rwhp and 415 rwtq.

Now the KB should give him more torque than the Paxton though.

KB bloweres and other roots/screw type blowers generally produce some heavy amounts of TQ in the mod motors, moreso than HP.