Going to T&J Performance soon (upgrades)

Which pulley size would you go with?(considering I'm still on the stock block)

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Cool! I was afraid the meet would get drowned out :rlaugh:

Tim said he would tune my "beast"... cough... cough... on the 17th so I will see you there DeadLurker! Can't wait to meet teh T&J gang and my fellow stangers!

Bo

After thinking about my decision for a few days I decided to give Tim a call and tell him to hold off on ordering the pulley. I think the 3.60 would probably still work fine for me and considering i'm still getting the powerpipe I shouldn't have to be concerned with loss in power. My main goal was just to keep my engine cooler and be able to hot lap the car...not make more power. The only reason i'm getting the powerpipe and mini race also is because they are both needed also in conjuntion with the intercooler. The pulley is still optional.

I'm going to think about the 3.20,3.33, and 3.40 pulley but I think the 3.60 pulley might be in my stock bottom end's best interest considering the amount of abuse I put on my car daily.

You guys are welcome to share your opinions on the pulley choice. :)

DeadLurker said:
After thinking about my decision for a few days I decided to give Tim a call and tell him to hold off on ordering the pulley. I think the 3.60 would probably still work fine for me and considering i'm still getting the powerpipe I shouldn't have to be concerned with loss in power. My main goal was just to keep my engine cooler and be able to hot lap the car...not make more power. The only reason i'm getting the powerpipe and mini race also is because they are both needed also in conjuntion with the intercooler. The pulley is still optional.

I'm going to think about the 3.20,3.33, and 3.40 pulley but I think the 3.60 pulley might be in my stock bottom end's best interest considering the amount of abuse I put on my car daily.

I think that safe way is the smartest way, unless you gots some spare change lying around for a forged motor :D I'm sure Tim could help you with that too
:D

DeadLurker said:

The boost pipe adds 1-2lbs of boost, while the intercooler robs at least 2lbs. I think you should pulley down, to at least a 3.4 or 3.3. I am going down to a 3.2 but thats because I am at ~5000ft and we can run an extra 2lbs to combat the thin air(11 vs 9). I think the stock size isn't going to get you enough boost through the cooler.

I would say go 3.4 if you want to be conservative, 3.33 if you want to put the smack down on that pesky silver mustang. (MD reference).

Or you could ask Tim, who actually knows what hes talking about, hehehe. BTW Did you ask him about the bypass valve question?

san~man said:
I think that safe way is the smartest way, unless you gots some spare change lying around for a forged motor :D I'm sure Tim could help you with that too
:D

I do have the money if need be but I'd like to hold off on a built motor till I know what I really want to do with my car.

Spitfire said:
The boost pipe adds 1-2lbs of boost, while the intercooler robs at least 2lbs. I think you should pulley down, to at least a 3.4 or 3.3. I am going down to a 3.2 but thats because I am at ~5000ft and we can run an extra 2lbs to combat the thin air(11 vs 9). I think the stock size isn't going to get you enough boost through the cooler.

I would say go 3.4 if you want to be conservative, 3.33 if you want to put the smack down on that pesky silver mustang. (MD reference).

Or you could ask Tim, who actually knows what hes talking about, hehehe. BTW Did you ask him about the bypass valve question?

I'll probably race Tom(01satinsilver) again in the spring. I still have no clue how much power he's running or what his full extent of mods he has but he likes to keep it a secret so be it.

I forgot to ask tim about the bypass valve. :doh:

DeadLurker said:
I'll probably race Tom(01satinsilver) again in the spring. I still have no clue how much power he's running or what his full extent of mods he has but he likes to keep it a secret so be it.

I forgot to ask tim about the bypass valve. :doh:
What about the bypass??

Bo