Going to the track this weekend!!!

GTJake

Founding Member
Oct 28, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I'm sooo excited! Going to the dragstrip Friday, Saturday and Sunday! I added seven degrees of spark and changed the fuel tables and the car feels a lot better. Hopefully I get some new bests this weekend!!

Jake

• Sponsors (?)

Glad to see you guys understood my sarcasm ;)

Stangfreik, just imagine how much higher you'd lift them with a smaller tb :lol: Should have stayed on the gas for the full pass, it looked good ;)

How the fu ck do you have 43,000+ posts? You whore :D

Grn92LX said:
Glad to see you guys understood my sarcasm ;)

Stangfreak, just imagine how much higher you'd lift them with a smaller tb :lol: Should have stayed on the gas for the full pass, it looked good ;)

Yeah I know. Should of sticked with stock tb instead.

Grn92LX said:
How the fu ck do you have 43,000+ posts? You whore :D

Gift from the mods :D

Well, no easy way to say this, but I blew it up.

On the third pass I powershifted right into second gear. Hit the rev limiter and the car shut down. Prolly bent all the valves. I'll tear into it tomorrow.

The car was definitley going to go strong this weekend though. I walked it out of the hole and ran a new best 88 mph in the 1/8 then I missed 3-4, but still ran a 12.8. The car was definitely going sub 12.5 this weekend, but no such luck.

I'll tear into it tomorrow and let everybody know whats up.

Jake

GTJake said:
Well, no easy way to say this, but I blew it up.

On the third pass I powershifted right into second gear. Hit the rev limiter and the car shut down. Prolly bent all the valves. I'll tear into it tomorrow.

The car was definitley going to go strong this weekend though. I walked it out of the hole and ran a new best 88 mph in the 1/8 then I missed 3-4, but still ran a 12.8. The car was definitely going sub 12.5 this weekend, but no such luck.

I'll tear into it tomorrow and let everybody know whats up.

Jake

Damn man im sorry to hear that :( I know the feeling believe me.

Keep us all posted of course.

Damn Jake, I'm sorry to hear that. I know EXACTLY what you are going through if it makes it any easier! I broke mine on april 16th and its still sitting in pieces. I'm getting closer to starting to put it back together, but it will still be a while yet. Best of luck!

BTW- 88mph is pretty good! I normally run 88mph in my car, and have hit 89 on a few passes. With that kind of MPH you would have probably seen 111+mph on the big end.

Stangfreak95 said:
holly fawk man.. Thats not good. Everybody's having engine/head problem lately.. :nonono:
I dont think this qualifies as a problem, seems more like an engine accident. But yeah this sucks so much. Jake had such a good stock block combo going. Im sooo sorry jake, i wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy.

WhiteDevil said:
I dont think this qualifies as a problem, seems more like an engine accident. But yeah this sucks so much. Jake had such a good stock block combo going. Im sooo sorry jake, i wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy.

Yeah I know it's not really a problem. Wrong choice of words. So Jake blew something, Paul screwed up something also with his engine, I have a damage head and blown piston , and I remember at least another user that similar stuff happened...

Play hard... pay hard.