Gone to the paint shop......

cobraii351

Founding Member
Jan 10, 2000
Altoona, PA
Well the CobraII351 car has finally gone to the paint shop. I was toying with the idea of doing it myself but the more I heard about the delicacies of painting BB/CC, I really didn't want to spray $600 worth of paint and have it look like crap! So I leave the finish work to the "professionals" The painter is cutting me a deal as I am doing the blocking and have done 98% of the body work.

He are some pictures before it left.
Engine compartment

Outside #1

Outside #2

Thanks for the inspiration Guys!

Tim

• Sponsors (?)

Looks good! Hey, functional hood scoop...cool!

I'll be walking the same road soon, with painting (after numerous hours of elbow breaking work!). I think about it wistfully all the time. Seems so far away!

Good to see anouther II being restored to glory!

Thanks Guys. It's been a long time striping and sanding for sure. But 3 years later it seems to be coming together.

Brian, The color is going to be what's under the hood which is a newer Mustang color Bright Atlantic Blue. I am going to put the white stripes on after everything is good and dry.

Tim

Tim, have you thought about going with silver stripes instead of white ones? For my car, I was thinking about painting it blue with silver stripes. I've never seen another one with those two colors so I'm not sure if it would look good. Nice job on the bodywork.. it looks great!

d

dmoody said:
Tim, have you thought about going with silver stripes instead of white ones? For my car, I was thinking about painting it blue with silver stripes. I've never seen another one with those two colors so I'm not sure if it would look good. Nice job on the bodywork.. it looks great!

d

Not really. I've already bought all the white stripes so I'm stuck with white. Besides the wife would kill my if I thought about a change now. :D Depending on the blue that would probably look really sharpe. I just have always liked the blue/white cars since my buddy had one years ago. I've only seen a couple since. Two here, and one in a town about 40 miles from here. You see the white/blue ones all the time and they were probably the most popular.

Thanks again for the kind words and inspiration along the way.

Tim

Tim, everything looks fantastic! congratulations! You definitely have the ambition and drive we all need to get our projects finished. Would love to see the painted pics when done....hell, would love to see the car when done! i want a ride in the 351! :D