Gonna spend some cash on the inside

So after getting sidetracked last year and over-exploring options for my interior, I have finally decided to get the following to dress it up. I don't want to over do it and already have the IUP, so I plan on....

Brushed Aluminum for all:

door sills - steeda or mustang logo
steeda a/c knobs
MGW cup holders

and maybe:
steeda cig lighter and /or headlight switch and
some window switches (UPR?)

Thoughts? As I said, don't want too much, but need a little something for the charcoal/black interior.
Also, any places to get good deals on the above mentioned?

THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

So after getting sidetracked last year and over-exploring options for my interior, I have finally decided to get the following to dress it up. I don't want to over do it and already have the IUP, so I plan on....

Brushed Aluminum for all:

door sills - steeda or mustang logo
steeda a/c knobs
MGW cup holders

and maybe:
steeda cig lighter and /or headlight switch and
some window switches (UPR?)

Thoughts? As I said, don't want too much, but need a little something for the charcoal/black interior.
Also, any places to get good deals on the above mentioned?

THANKS

You can get all that stuff from American Muscle. I did what you want to do when I had my 01 and it looked great.

Picture002.jpg

The headlight switch is another good one to get. The stock piece is a pita if you ever need to get behind your dash along with it possibly breaking and the new one will just be a screw on. The shifter bezel is another good one. I also think the piece below the mirror switch is a good one, at least for my car. I think the billet pieces on mine added alot over the stock look.

Driverssidedoorinsert.jpg

My Cobra has the billet headlight knob, defrost button, and HVAC knobs. It isn't a lot, but it just enough IMO. I like the knobs so much I plan to get a set for my 91.

That does look good, except I am not a huge fan of the steering wheel buttons. How hard were the speedo cluster rings to install, I am leary of chopping apart my bezel.

I also noticed that you got a new car, looks nice.

Was not that hard at all. Yeah I was rear ended back in August and the 01 was totaled so I used the the money I got from insurance and bought an 07 GT.

Was not that hard at all. Yeah I was rear ended back in August and the 01 was totaled so I used the the money I got from insurance and bought an 07 GT.

that is exactly how I lost my '90 convertible. It stinks, but being able to walk away and get a newer one makes it more tolerable.

Did you have to cut the plastic apart to install the trim ring or can it be seperated another way?

thanks for the pics all,

I will be ordering the steeda door sills today. I then plan to get the steeda a/c knobs and UPR door switches. Still unsure, but leaning toward steeda headlight and cig lighter too.

The last two maybes are the trim rings for the guages and this cup holder trim

CUP HOLDER TRIM RINGS, 2001-2003, SILVER, GT*::*Interior Styling*::*Interior & Accessories*::*Mustang Parts & Accessories Superstore - 1800Mustang

but I want to call and make sure silver means silver and not chrome looking and also that even though it says 01-03 that it will fit an 04 (which I think it will).

If not I will probably be shelling out the cash for the MGW ones or just leaving the cup holders alone.

The headlight switch is another good one to get. The stock piece is a pita if you ever need to get behind your dash along with it possibly breaking and the new one will just be a screw on. The shifter bezel is another good one. I also think the piece below the mirror switch is a good one, at least for my car. I think the billet pieces on mine added alot over the stock look.

Driverssidedoorinsert.jpg

+1 on head light knob,
to the OP, try to stay away from the polished pieces. get the flat machined ones,
looks classy and won't blind you. while driving

Another consideration is the FR500 steering wheel. It is not so much a "look thing" as it just feels so much better than the OEM one. I got mine (a long time ago) for $150 about the time they first came out. I was really wondering at the time if it would really be that much better. It was and has been all this time ... VERY worthwhile. Just a thought.

I'm not a big fan of upgrading the interior, but a few of those pieces look decent.

I'd rather tint the hell out of the windows so no one can see in anyways and spend most of the money on performance mods.

I am not going to go too crazy, just a few strategically placed items.

As far as the tint, between the dot matrix and the cops in a few of the neighboring towns I pass through, I have not tinted yet. My truck is 20% all around, but it is a plain jane explorer, not a loud muscle/sports car, so I did not really want to start asking for trouble.

Another consideration is the FR500 steering wheel. It is not so much a "look thing" as it just feels so much better than the OEM one. I got mine (a long time ago) for $150 about the time they first came out. I was really wondering at the time if it would really be that much better. It was and has been all this time ... VERY worthwhile. Just a thought.

that is an option. I saw on your cardomain page that you had a leather cover for the automatic trans shifter. Do you remember where you got that?

... you had a leather cover for the automatic trans shifter. Do you remember where you got that?
Yeah, leather covers for both the e-brake and auto shifter. It makes a big difference in the car instead of the hard plastic. The two came together in a nice little kit in very dark gray leather to match the interior. They came already loosley sewn together so you only needed to fit it over and then just tighten threads ... and done. It was long ago ... there was some little web site that had them for our cars and a few others. I found out about it here in this forum so maybe you may find it searching some threads from many years ago ... or just googling. Hope this helps.

I have the steeda cigarette lighter, steeda ac knobs, and plain headlight knob. I think they are very nice subtle touches. I can't figure out where to go from there though without getting too ricey with all the silver.

Don't mind the NB airfuel gauge :D It was free and I have a WB sitting in the closet once I get off my lazy ass. I have the IUP as well as you can see.

View attachment 198356

I have the steeda cigarette lighter, steeda ac knobs, and plain headlight knob. I think they are very nice subtle touches. I can't figure out where to go from there though without getting too ricey with all the silver.

Don't mind the NB airfuel gauge :D It was free and I have a WB sitting in the closet once I get off my lazy ass. I have the IUP as well as you can see.

View attachment 198263

That is the subtle "not too much" look I am going for too. I have yet to order (so much snow in CT has backed me up) but I plan to get the Steeda door sills and then either the steeda or UPR a/c knobs and door switches. I figured this would be "just enough". I was still undecided on the Steeda cig lighter and steeda or upr headlight knob. Beyond that, I think it will get into too much silver as you stated.

Thanks for the pic:nice: