Good Battery No Power At All No Light Horn Nothing What Could It Be

• Sponsors (?)

Since you aren't giving us any info other than everything is hooked up and clean you have no other choice than to start at the starter relay with the key in the run position and see where the current stops. If the engine turns over by jumping the posts then you have power at least that far. See where it stops.

There is a bad fuse link - the main fuse link between starter solenoid and fuse panel is the place to start.
Get out your voltmeter and look for 12 volts at the yellow wire that connects the fuse links to the starter solenoid and then at the other yellow wire that goes to the ignition switch and the black/orange wire that goes to the fuse panel.

64326d1287785504-fusible-link-burned-up-need-help-87-93-5.0-mustang-fuse-links.gif

Fuse links come with a current rating just like fuses. A clue as to what current they are designed for is to look at the size wire they protect.
The packages of fuse link repair material you can get at the auto parts stores also will have a current rating on them.

Fuse link material is available at most good auto parts stores. There may even be a fuse link already made up specifically for your car. Just be sure to solder the connection and cover it with heat shrink tubing.

Heat shrink tubing is available at Radio Shack or other electronics supply stores.

See the video below for help on soldering and heat shrinking wiring. There is a lot of useful help and hints if you don’t do automotive electrical work all the time.

View: http://youtu.be/uaYdCRjDr4A

Attachments

• 64326d1287785504-fusible-link-burned-up-need-help-87-93-5.0-mustang-fuse-links.gif
    64326d1287785504-fusible-link-burned-up-need-help-87-93-5.0-mustang-fuse-links.gif
    61.2 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
One of these days I will eventually try and figure out why my dome light/dash clock doesn't work,yet my map lights do, and why I have a battery draw on my Sn. All I can hope is @jrichker shows up and tells me how to fix it.:hail2:

Also Op I'd follow jrichkers guide, even though I've never actually spoke to him, I have used a ton of his guides/checklists with much success. And sorry for the slight derailment

There is a bad fuse link - the main fuse link between starter solenoid and fuse panel is the place to start.
Get out your voltmeter and look for 12 volts at the yellow wire that connects the fuse links to the starter solenoid and then at the other yellow wire that goes to the ignition switch and the black/orange wire that goes to the fuse panel.

Fuse links come with a current rating just like fuses. A clue as to what current they are designed for is to look at the size wire they protect.
The packages of fuse link repair material you can get at the auto parts stores also will have a current rating on them.

Fuse link material is available at most good auto parts stores. There may even be a fuse link already made up specifically for your car. Just be sure to solder the connection and cover it with heat shrink tubing.

Heat shrink tubing is available at Radio Shack or other electronics supply stores.

See the video below for help on soldering and heat shrinking wiring. There is a lot of useful help and hints if you don’t do automotive electrical work all the time.

View: http://youtu.be/uaYdCRjDr4A

Agree and do what @jrichker says, his advice is better than most.

just bought a 1990 5.0 ,im not getting any power at all,thought it was the fusible link ,replaced it an nothing,it came with a alarm system and i do not have the devise nor a way to contact who i bought it from,wut can i do