Good car cover?

Gellpak

Nov 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Searched for this since I figured it'd been asked before, but apparently not. I'm getting the car back from the shop in a week or two and it'll have to be parked outside... but I want to protect it as well as I can given all the work I'm having done to it, so do any of you know of a really, really good car cover I could pick up for it to try to protect it from the elements?

• Sponsors (?)

I stil cant find a water PROOF car cover that will not scratch your paint or clear coat. I have tried covercraft and another company, and both sucked ass and tore easily. :nonono: :shrug: :notnice: :mad::bang:

I had one for my Landcruiser, which I stored outside for about two years straight and it lasted about two years. The cost was about $500......I have not replaced it yet, but I am storing it in the neighbor’s garage until he needs the space. That's a lot of money to only last two years.

Wolf brand car covers with the Kimberly Clarke Noah fabric are the best, imho. You can get them from NPD or web search and find them and order direct. I ordered a '65 2+2 from NPD and it arrived within a couple days. I ordered a '70 Cougar direct and it took several weeks.

The Wolfs come with rearview mirror pockets, but no hole for the antenna. NPD has a grommet for the antenna. Get one of these too. Burn the hole with a soldering gun; in cauterizes the fabric to prevent fraying.

Ok, the California Car Cover website has the NOAH material as well as another one that it reccommends above that. Everyone seems to have good things to say about NOAH so I'm leaning that way, but does anyone know anything about this superweave they offer and whether it's any better?

Be VERY careful of leaving a cover on if there is moisture.I dont care what company says "its breathable", i have had a couple of paint jobs as well as my brother getting damaged from a cover trapping moisture into the paint and making it "cloudy".Most covers i have had last 2 years,no mater what material(Noah,Evo 3/4 etc.) I now only cover mine indoors. If your getting back from paint,let it cure for a while, even if it is baked, I belive that paint doesnt full cure for a long time. Mine after a year is starting to solvent pop now :(