Good Combo?

Bill Gordon

Sep 20, 2012
Broomfield, CO
Hey guys, new to forum. Just got my 91 GT, first FI stang. Got some $ saved up for mods this winter and decided I'm going to go the supercharger route, not sure which one yet. I'm thinking of doing a 75mm MAF and 24 lb injectors, bigger fuel pump, adjustable regulator and a dyno tune on my SCT chip to go with the blower. Does this look like a decent combo with my current mods in my sig? If there's enough $ left I know I need to upgrade H/C/I but may not happen this year. I plan on running at the strip next year. Appreciate the input.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd go with larger than 24lb injectors. They will barely get you by with the blower, and if you do HCI, you will definetly be behind the curve. If you are getting a custom dyno tune, try going with 42lbers. The tuner should be able to tune them down to work well with your current setup, then you won't have to upgrade again next year when you do HCI.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the input guys. I am still running the stock intake but the blower I'm considering is the Kenne Bell, it replaces the stock upper. I like the idea of the 42lb injectors. I'm trying to do this build logically so I don't have to replace parts twice as I add things so the 42 lb'ers make sense. If there is enough $ left I may do the lower and heads, I believe the stock cam is fairly blower friendly. Gonna keep this one street legal so I gotta be careful what I put in it. Going to be a street/strip car.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not a fan of putting a supercharger on a stock engine, especially a kenne bell on a pushrod setup.

If you drive the car hard it will only be a matter of weeks before all the old gaskets and seals start giving out on you.

I'd do the h/c/i first.
You'll get about the same power except the car will be more reliable and you'll have all fresh gaskets.
If not, the first time you pop a head gasket you'll be crying the blues.

I know in theory, people just think you slap a supercharger on and go, unfortunately it's rarely that simple.

Reactions: 1 user
It was that simple for me when I did it. However I had a cobra intake manifold on the car when I did it. Ran that way for 2 years with absolutely zero problems. Got it with 6 psi at 298/317 without a tune. Picked up around 30 HP with a custom tune.

Nothing wrong with boosting it as it sits. Just because it's not the most efficient doesn't mean it wont be fun/add power and be simple.

It was that simple for me when I did it. However I had a cobra intake manifold on the car when I did it. Ran that way for 2 years with absolutely zero problems. Got it with 6 psi at 298/317 without a tune. Picked up around 30 HP with a custom tune.

Nothing wrong with boosting it as it sits. Just because it's not the most efficient doesn't mean it wont be fun/add power and be simple.
Did you have to emission test the car?