Good deal for these used bolt-ons?

Hey guys, looking for a few opinions

1) I found a set of used parts on craigslist in my hometown, and figured they would be a nice addition to my stock 5.0. Polished SVT Cobra intake, Polished Edelbrock 70mm TB, Accel 24lbs injectors and a Pro-M 75mm MAF. The guy says the lowest he'd like to go is $800 for the set, it seems expensive, but he has receipts. TB was $340, injectors were $399 and the polish work on the intake and TB was $500. Do you think these parts are a decent deal for $800? What about $700 (what I will be offering)?

1) My reasoning is to pick this up as a foundation, then start saving up for a set of heads and a cam. Would these parts alone be felt in the SOTP by themselves?

3) I'm tempted to invest the $700 in a nitrous kit instead, if you had this cash and a stock 5.0 would you go with the bolt-ons listed above or a nice nitrous kit?

• Sponsors (?)

Is the Cobra Intake a reproduction unit (one of the new chinese intakes) or a true Ford cobra intake?

I asked the other day, it is a genuine one. I figured $600 was fair, offered it yesterday but he came back saying $800 is as low as he wants to go... says you'd pay 1600 for everything new :rolleyes: Think I might have to pass this one up, which sucks because the guy lives 10 minutes away and these things would be great on my car :notnice:

you DONT need 24's

I know that, read the original post though, after I add heads (ported P's or used aluminums) and a cam the 24's will be useful, trying to plan ahead.

5L5 i totally agree, im not a fan of craigslisters who try to pull the "well it cost me blahblahblah new!" card... the reason people buy used is to pay a fraction of the price, depreciation sucks but it happens :rolleyes:

He is also in Canada, so prices might be higher there (just a guess)?

I would say, he probably doesn't know if the intake is a Ford one or a knockoff, so my guess is knockoff... the prices he quoted are insanely high, but then I go back to the Canada thing. $800 is too high still...

I bought a brand new Cobra intake (before they had the knockoffs, YEARS ago), brand new unopened 65mm TB, 70mm MAF and 24 lb injectors for $400. Sold the maf and inj for $150 (which was a deal for that person) and got a new intake and TB for $250! Deals are out there.

well guys I was gonna say too high. However like 25th said he's in Canada. Everything here is expensive! and remember 800 bucks Canadian is like around 630 US after exchange. Trust me I built my entire car from parts that were directly from the US and I only buy deals. If he were to buy a set of injectors, intake, MAF and TB all off of Ebay for example, by the time he paid for shipping, customs taxes and brokerage fees he'd be well over that! Trust me I know.

So from one Canuck to another it's not a bad deal.