Good Deal? New Project?

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
Ok guys its not a 5.0 but it is a SUPER CLEAN 2.3. It is owned by an older couple. Its blue with blue interior, has a 5spd with 80k miles. Of those 80k miles 25k of them was being towed behind the couple's motor home so it really only has 55k miles on the motor and tranny. There isn't a touch of rust on it and its as straight as an arrow.

They are asking $2,600 and I was going to offer them 2,000-2,200.

This will be my project car and should have a 5.0 and new 5/6spd in it by the beginning of summer.

What do you think.

View attachment 303468

• Sponsors (?)

Well I picked her up today guys and the car is MINT. The ashtray door, map light, cruise control, pwr windows and locks all still work. The paint is in killer shape, none of the plastic is even faded on it, and there isn't a bit of rust on her. The only problem I've been able to find is where it looks like he might have rubbed up against something on the passenger side front fender but I'm going to try and buff that out tomorrow.

Its so nice I almost hate to throw a 5.0 in it but I'm gonna. LOL

I'll get some pics when shes all cleaned up and waxed tomorrow.

Also anybody have a write up on the 5lug conversions on these cars.

man to bad the old stock 2.3 doesnt take to boost well. i would grab me a 2.3 quick obviously they are cheaper and alway cleaner aat least in orlando.....
hit a quick 30psi and be done.(yah done with the whole engine afterwords) oh well 2.3's are bulletproof but not boostproof go figure:shrug:

man to bad the old stock 2.3 doesnt take to boost well. i would grab me a 2.3 quick obviously they are cheaper and alway cleaner aat least in orlando.....
hit a quick 30psi and be done.(yah done with the whole engine afterwords) oh well 2.3's are bulletproof but not boostproof go figure:shrug:

Yea I know, I was looking at throwing a turbo on it until I read up on the motors not liking that. Oh well a 5.0 or better will be in it in a years time. :D