Good deal on a blower?? Help!

86GT-Top

Founding Member
Aug 26, 2002
Bergen County, NJ
A kid I go to school with who I know pretty well is going to be selling his Paxton SN series blower around march. The things I know about it is that it has everything, it's on his car right now and runs good. It has a brand new Paxton FMU calibrated for 19# injectors and it was rebuilt about 1000 miles before he bought it, and it wont have more then 2k on the total rebuild and NO track trips when I buy it. He wants to get $1000 for it, but im gonna offer him $900 I think. Should I go for it, or am I looking for trouble?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't care what anybody else says....forget it. In their time the SN series blowers were great but compared to a vortech or a newer paxton they are absolute garbage. Don't bother. Go on ebay and find a nice paxton novi 1000 or an A trim vortech for about the same amount of money. There are a limited number of things that you can do to keep an SN series blower working for a long time and they all suck. You can turn them slower, change the oil a lot, and or get an oil cooler. Don't get me wrong. They work. However, there much better choices. Besides- you can get them on Ebay all day for 900 or less. Even the SN93's.

Well the 93 is better then the 89 but I have to agree with QDRHRSE it is really old technology.

You can find a use new style blower around that same price. IF you are planning on a healthy motor look for a S-trim or comparable blower, it will save you in the long run.

I can get you a brand new Vortech SC-Trim under $1800, they are offering a $100 rebate as well to the end of the month/year.

Ok, everyone seems to think for that price I can do better. Now, what if I said that I can get it for only about $400-500 cash, because this kid wants a few parts that i have no use for, if you tell me i shouldnt get it now, then I know it's not worth it!