Good deed done...

liv2ride

May 4, 2004
Well I was driving down the freeway tonight and I saw a fellow stanger pulled off on the shoulder. I had to stop and offer my assistance. Turns out his '92 LX 5.0 blew the tire completely to shreds and the tread of the tire passed him up as he slowed and ended up about 100 yds down the road. He went for his spare but it was sliced. Another stang stopped before I arrived but he had a 5 bolt SN95 so no dice.

I felt that I needed to do what it took to get this guy home so I lent him my mint condition donut spare with the rare aluminum rim. I got his name and number and he got mine, said he would call tomorrow once he got his tire replaced. I realize there is a chance that I may never see the wheel again but I don't think a stanger would do that to another - could be wrong though.

I just thought I would share the story.

Aloha

• Sponsors (?)

yeah one day I got off work and I saw this fellow stanger with a flat in one of the worst neighberhoods in the world so I was driving my 84 vette..lol so we drove 10 mi to my house got my jeep and jack then drove 30mi to his house for a slick so he could get home. Funny I havn't seen him since oh well he had a pretty sweet stang

squeeeg said:
Ya we all want to know if you got your tire back.

I picked up the spare today. When I got there I was talking to him (Sol) about his car. He then hands me a large snack gift basket for my family and I to enjoy for the holidays as a token of his appreciation for my good deed.

We were talking about our cars and our plans for them. I noticed that he had after market polished aluminum wheels on his car and I asked him about he Pony 5 spoke stock wheels and he said that he had them in storage because he did not like them. I asked him the condition of the wheels and he said they were in great condition. I asked him if he wanted to get rid of them and how much he would want for them. Get this; he said that he would just give them to me - FOR FREE. I have wanted to change my wheels from the stock turbine wheels ('90 GT) to the Pony's but I have not yet saved up the scratch to get them. Now he is going to give me his - I am stoked. He said that he would call me on Monday so we can arrange me getting the wheels from him. Would you believe that Monday happens to be my Birthday? That is a hell of a present if you ask me.

I cannot recall, what size are the Pony wheels? I believe they are 16" but I am not sure.

Aloha

Scot, you must be living right! i too have been lookin for something to replace my turdbines.

congrats and happy birthday in advance. :)

HISSIN50 - Thanks for the B-Day wish. I cannot complain a bit about the life I lead :).

TheUser - Looks like I will not be mounting these wheels for a while because my 15" tires have about 75% of their life remaining. Oh wait, after that major burnout today maybe the fronts have 75% but the backs probably have 50%.

well I changed my car to five lug and I am not giving away my ponies but my friend that helped me with the head , cam ,intake install and five lug swap is getting a REALLY good deal on them , its cool to hear about other people helping out others in need during the holidays .....

Happy B-Day to a good human being.

A year ago I was at work and saw a fellow stanger stranded at a light, pushing his car in the rain. I ran out to help him get it off the road.

Ran into him a few months later at a Mustang meet. Didn't get a set of free wheels out of it (wasn't expecting anything of course), but did make a nice new Mustanger friend.

I was running michelins but they were 215/60/16 that I got for free from work.They were great handling tires.
Here is a quick story from me.One day i was going to work and a camaro pulled out in front of me a little ways ahead.About a half a mile down the road he pulled over on the side of the road.I aksed him if he needed any help he said no his fuel guage was inop.He always kept spare gas in the trunk.I said cool so I preceeded to work about 15 miles down the highway my alternator caught on fire I pulled to the side of the highway.While I was putting it out and disconnecting the battery he pulled over and helped me.
So I agree what goes around comes around.

By the way happy B-day

liv2ride said:
Hey guys, thanks for the good B-Day wishes.

I can hardly wait to get the Pony's on my car. What tires are you fellas running with the Pony's? Anyone running Michelin's?

Aloha

I'm running: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW's.....best tire I've ever had!! They have amazing dry & wet traction. 245/50's all around.

480532_64_full.jpg

480532_65_full.jpg