Good exhaust shop in Portland?

HaynStang

Dec 16, 2006
Portland
Can recommend a good exhaust shop in or near Portland that does high quality work for a reasonable price? The two that seem to stand out are A Better Sound in Milwaukie and Get Bent in Clackamas. Anyone have any experience with either of those, or can recommend somewhere else?

I want to have some high flow cats installed on my existing X pipe and I don't want to ruin $300 worth of parts by taking it somewhere that is gonna do a sloppy job welding them up...

I was gonna take it to KKP but apparently they've closed?

• Sponsors (?)

punks? what a joke! but yeah good luck with that one HaynStang no muffler shop will do it! AND if they do it's a huge fine!If my buddy will barrow me the welder i would weld them on for you. LMK peace

john:p

Seriously? Adding cats is that big of a deal? I don't have any on the car now so it's not like I'm tampering with the factory emissions equipment... a previous owner chucked that years ago, lol.

I will check out Darrels. I know right where they are and cheap is always good. I don't need show quality as long as everything fits nice and doesn't leak.

SMOKEDYA if you can get ahold of a welder and wanna do the job for a reasonable price I'd definitely be interested. Can you weld stainless? It's a SS X pipe and I believe the cats are as well. Let me know what you'd want to do it.

i'll ask him,as far as stainless it really dosent matter, in this case cause all it is is exhust and all that will rust is the weld nothing to worry about. but if you want i can get stainless wire for more!if you dont have cats now tho why do you wanna add them? a local shop told me "hi flow cats" usually are only good for a few years anyways? peace

john:p

Yeah, I don't think any shop will quibble about ADDING cats to your system. They might balk at taking them out.

I have been really happy with the work done by Rob at Performance Discount Muffler. They're on Broadway just west of 33rd, before you get to the Fred Meyer. He fabbed up an H-pipe with cats for my King Cobra, and it looks, sounds, and fits fantastic.