GOOD EXHAUST

torch93

Aug 14, 2010
bakersfield c.a
trying to figure out the best exhaust for my stang, im currently running m.a.c headers(swamping out soon), a bbk H pipe, and 40s flows, all 2.5"...all of this was the setup i was running before i change engine.
i was running on straight H pipe and felt a differnce, faster rpm rise and lil more power, ...
1)headers? long tube, shorties, or equal length? does brans matter?
2) H pipe or X pipe?
3) what size should my pipping be?

dont know if it matters but i have a 342 stroker with 10.5:1 comp. with afr 185..
sorry for the novice questions :doh:
T.I.A

• Sponsors (?)

i see alot of people do fine with 2.5 in exhaust, but with the about of displacement you have i dont think 3" would be bad. could be wrong. Id run Longtubes into xpipe with dynomax bullets or outlaw race mufflers... but that might be too loud for your liking :D

2.5" exhaust is plenty!! Go too big and you will lose that low end torque and throttle response you want! search around and see if you can find a dr gas x-pipe for long tubes, if you cant find one get something along that same line like a pypes brand. I've also heard good about the mac pro chamber (i think thats the name). And a set of magnaflows part# 11236 will be the muffler you will want to go with. Decently quiet with all the performance gains you need!

I don't see where you say what you do with the car. Track or street mostly?
Lowered?

IMO, leave the longtubes to the drag strip guys. They hang pretty low.

As i said in your other post, use bassani equals, which will work with your current x or h pipe.
The quality is far superior to any mac garbage.