Good front drum to disc conversion kits....

OrlandoStang said:
:hail2: Thank you so much for that link! That is exactly what I've been looking for.

Now my Cobra will donate it's breaks to the 65 and I can get Cobra R Brembos for the cobra, all for about the same price as the 13" SSBC kit! :D

This is a great find! :nice:

THANKS! :flag:

Hey, you're welcome. Glad it was of use to someone. Prior to my car basically being forced to enter the modified world I probably would have never even considered going overkill with 13" discs and having to change to 17" rims but now that I am entering that world it just didn't seem to make sense to spend another 50 - 100% more than this kit costs to install a 2" smaller rotor. Once I go with the 17" Billet Magnums it will be a nice subtle update and just like any cobra part, the calipers will look great peeking behind the wheel.

• Sponsors (?)

brakes

I just purchased this kit 2nd hand ...never used...

I cannot wait to get it on the car...

saving now for a major push on the work...

I am going with factory bullitts for now...

maybe so vintage wheel works down the line...

I got the red calipers and not sure if I will keep those or change to some bullitt calipers...

I cannot recommend MustandSteve's stuff enough..

I am planning to buy his power conversion kit with new pedals too.

Ron

Im gonna recommend Mustang Steve too... I got to meet him this weekend and check out some of his work..its all top notch. HIs caliper brackts are awesome work. I bought a full power conversion, pedals with bearings and a clutch cable conversion kit.

Mustang STEVE all the way!!!!!!!!!

The 4 piston SSBC kit is basically a direct copy of the factory 10" 4 piston setup. I had a the 14" oreo rims on with my factory 67 4 piston brakes so I'm sure it would fit under a 15" rim =) SSBC also make an aluminum caliper setup which I would recomend. If yer going to go with the cast iron one just get a 67 4 piston setup as it is had cheaper and has identical performance.

Edit: Sorry, the factory setup they copied was the 11+ inch setup.

BullittStangV8 said:
what break lines does the mustang steve kid use? Cobra rotors and breaks are around $450.Plus the steve kit ($320). Thats $770 plus shipping, plus break lines.

I'll have to check but I assume it is the same as on the cobra also, mine were included with the whole kit, a nice braided stainless set. We did a big group buy at 69stang.com a while back and cleaned him out of full kits, I got everything including master cylinder for like $700, can't go wrong.

BTW, Steve has just introduced a bracket for the rear disc conversion as well. He is offering a discount for this first month and we are currently trying to do another group buy for an even larger discount so you may want to check in from time to time if you are interested.

BullittStangV8 said:
Does the ssbc 11 inch kit work on stock spindles and fit under 15 in rims?

Yes it works on stock drum brake spindles. It bolts right on! Cant go wrong with that. I'm not sure if they will fit on 15in wheels though. You could call SSBC and ask em.

If you are running your stock MC from a 65 then no mater what brakes you put on you need to change that sucker out. The stock MC from 65 is a single resivor and is an out dated piece of junk.

Basically what I would recomend doing is figuring out which disc setup you are going to put on and then buy the appropriate MC for the application.

Pakrat said:
Hey, you're welcome. Glad it was of use to someone. Prior to my car basically being forced to enter the modified world I probably would have never even considered going overkill with 13" discs and having to change to 17" rims but now that I am entering that world it just didn't seem to make sense to spend another 50 - 100% more than this kit costs to install a 2" smaller rotor. Once I go with the 17" Billet Magnums it will be a nice subtle update and just like any cobra part, the calipers will look great peeking behind the wheel.

Do you happen to have a pic of them on the car? Say, a close-up and a full-sized shot of the car. I would love to put on this set-up, but one of my concerns is the 17" wheels. I really hadn't planned to go any bigger than 16". Anyone else w/ a good shot of 17" on their car? I'm not worried about the condition of the car, just looking at the proportions of the wheels/car. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Rusty67 said:
If you are running your stock MC from a 65 then no mater what brakes you put on you need to change that sucker out. The stock MC from 65 is a single resivor and is an out dated piece of junk.

Basically what I would recomend doing is figuring out which disc setup you are going to put on and then buy the appropriate MC for the application.

I'm going to be running '01 Cobra brakes front and rear. What MC do you think would be appropriate.

You can use the original MC from the cobra, A1 Cardone part number 102937. This MC is for use on a car with those brakes and no traction controll or ABS. If you don't want to use an MC with a plastic tank (I don't like them they look cheesey) you can find the bore size of that MC and buy an older MC with the same bore size.

Rusty67 said:
You can use the original MC from the cobra, A1 Cardone part number 102937. This MC is for use on a car with those brakes and no traction controll or ABS. If you don't want to use an MC with a plastic tank (I don't like them they look cheesey) you can find the bore size of that MC and buy an older MC with the same bore size.

Thanks. So just to verify, I'll need the front&rear cobra rotors and calipers, Mustang Steve's Adapter Plates, and the MC mentioned above. Anything else?

CarFreakGT said:
Do you happen to have a pic of them on the car? Say, a close-up and a full-sized shot of the car. I would love to put on this set-up, but one of my concerns is the 17" wheels. I really hadn't planned to go any bigger than 16". Anyone else w/ a good shot of 17" on their car? I'm not worried about the condition of the car, just looking at the proportions of the wheels/car. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

No, not yet but a user on this board named EDBERT who has already installed them on his car, so you can search for him and then go to his website, he documented the entire install. As for a 17" rim this is a shot of a car with the same set up I will be using. They are a 17" Billet reproduction of the original Magnum 500 rim. By choosing a design simillar in look to a period correct design the size and scale is much less obvious.

attachment.php