Good NA setup??

I was dead set at getting the Tork Tech kit for my gt, but now im considering just going NA. If I can get high 11's then ill be happy. So below is what engine parts im considering. Suspension will be addressed accordingly as well.

stock internals
Hitech heads
Hitech stage 2 cams
Comp springs
longtubes (either mac or hooker)
o/r prochamber
4.30 gears w/ 31 spline axles and either a true trac or the cobra diff.
Fidanza aluminum flywheel and 2.1 clutch (I need a new clutch pretty soon anyways)
Maybe a 75 or 100 shot. Maybe...

I want 18" FR500s so thats really why im considering the 4.30s. But im not sure if they're gonna hurt me in the 1/4 mile. I dont really have to get nitrous, but would the gears be fine with the spray?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you're going to do all that engine work, plus nos I'd recommend rods and pistons as well. Every guy i know with a PI 4.6 that has run nos has burnt pistons or blown the intake to bits with a backfire. What a waste of work and money that would be. I know there are others that have run nos, without issues but it is risky. You could just throw on the nos first and after it blows up, then do the engine.
I'd just throw a blower on it with a safe tune before doing all that work.Or do the work and don't run nos. Others will disagree but that's my opinion.

Yeah, was just sorta interested in his plan/set-up

well whan said and done it will be... upr tubular K memeber/control ams, solid upper and lowers, spherical buschings coil overs all the way around (still unsure of what spring rates) flsfc, upper and lower torque box kit, ds loop

im going with UPR because a neighboor of mine is sponser by them, and all of his cars run 8.70's & 1.2x 60' with the rear wheels. on full upr suspension......

Forget spending the money on heads and cams.

Just do suspension, gears, and exhaust and start out at a 100 shot, bump to 125 if you need it and watch you 11 second slips pile up if that is the only thing you are looking for. If you are worried about the engine, get a nitrous tune (richens up the air/fuel ratio and pulls a few degrees of timing) and you should be pretty damn safe.

You HAVE to know how to drive, and you HAVE to get the car to hook VERY well in order to hit those E.T.'s on that simple setup, but it can/has and will continue to be done.

Many have gone 11's NA. Need good combination of parts/setup/weight and be able to drive the car. Running 12's is much easier to do. Can go mid 12's with stock PI motor I went 12.47 Let it breath in and out efficiently and with good suspension and let it rip.

With just cams I have gone [email protected], 1.61 sixty back in June and [email protected], 1.65 sixty last night and thats fighting with a bad miss from 1/8 mile on. Still playing with shift points, timing, and fuel.

With 4.30 gears I am crossing traps lil over 6100 rpm on a 26x10 slick. With stock cams and 4.30 gears I was maybe 5800 rpm at traps.

Its possible. Watch the video. He's running 12.16 with the stock heads and 4.10s.

YouTube - 12.16 @ 112 N/A 2v. Stock motor, stock heads

yes high 11's is very doable n/a, i dont even have to watch that video and i know what car it is. he has full bolt-ons with hitech stage 2's runnin that fast. so high 11's with heads and higher compression or you can do a stroker kit as well. and get more horses out of her.