Good paint for lower grille

lightblade

Aug 7, 2004
So I have a billet overlay grill that i have primed and painted black (both upper and lower). The upper one is fine but i get chips constantly on the paint job on the lower one from road debris. I've repainted 3 times and its getting old. Short of powdercoating does anyone know a good type of paint or sealant that would resist chips from rocks and stuff. I would also like to avoid it being too glossy. Thanks.

sep07075.jpg

Attachments

• sep07075.jpg
    sep07075.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Sponsors (?)

have you gotten a quote for powder coating? it may be a little bit more expensive, but after a few times having to repaint it it will basically pay for itself. powder coating is a great way to do things once and not have to worry about them. you see anything from wheels, to engine bay parts powder coated.

Rubber coating. My ricer friend back in HS did that with chickenwire on his civic. Didnt look bad once he got it finished. I think they use it for the underside of cars and such too, might want to look into that.

A guy who has the CDC aggressive chin spoiler unpainted was using the bedliner stuff to "paint" his spoiler. He found that the bedliner stuff looked very close to the raw spoiler and it kept the spoiler looking like new with an easy touch up after getting scrapped up.