Asha'man

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Denver
Went to the machine shop today and picked up:

1) freshly rebuilt 2.3T head, non-cracked, RR cam installed
2) 0.010" overground crankshaft
3) 0.030" overbore TRW forged flattop pistons on stock rods

All this to go into/onto my freshly tanked and honed 0.030" over 2.3T block, which is sitting on an engine stand at my buddy's house wrapped in saran wrap. It was already overbored when I got it, as were the TRWs that were in it, so I just had it honed. Pics of the block are on the 2nd page of my Cardomain - link in sig.

Also snagged a solid-looking T3 from an '86 TC at the junkyard a few days ago for $50. Zero shaft play, very minor cracks in the exhaust housing (normal).

This project is coming together! :D

Ash

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, I've got an uncracked E6 waiting to be ported a little, and should be snagging a big NPR from 1984_GT350_Turbo on TF.

The head is on my dresser right now, with my hand-polished and waiting-to-be-powdercoated valve cover on it. The crank is also on my dresser. I have a box of pistons/rods on the floor, as well as an upper intake, two boxes of mostly junk, and some misc tubing and whatnot. To top it off, my bookshelf has two turbos on it. :D I love my interior decorating style.....although having a small garage sucks. :(

Ash

~ Trips over 10 hole wheels stacked by the computer ~

Asha'man said:
Yep, I've got an uncracked E6

...having a small garage sucks. :(

No garage sux, too---tryin to get the landlord to build at least a 2 car
carport---I think he will---maybe even a garge he said

BUT...uh...hmmmm...uh...what is an E6

or an E3 for that matter?

Dur hur. I'm jus tha waterboy.

I have 3 e6's laying around...one needs new studs (I ported it out and then found out I basically can't tap the holes where the studs go), one needs the face where the turbo mounts to it machined down, and the last one still has a turbo stuck on it.

FYI- An E6 is the exhaust manifold that came on '86-up turbo cars. E3's were the manifolds that came on the earlier cars and they cracked a lot. I think a lot of older cars were "retrofitted" with E6's by a dealership or something, the '84 TC I pulled my spare engine out of had an E6 on it.

These are pics of my room from where I sit at my computer.

513839_58_full.jpg

513839_59_full.jpg

513839_60_full.jpg

513839_61_full.jpg

Ash

You still work at sears, right?

The table I have in the first pic is an old display table that I got from the store for $5! It's a really nice, sturdy table too (I had all that crap on it plus my cylinder head until earlier today, took it down the basement). You might be able to find a deal like that if you ask if they have any display tables they're ditching.

If not, it's pretty easy to build a table out of a few 2x4's and some plywood. This is one I made to work off of in my grandma's garage:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IM000197.JPG
    IM000197.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 202
Well....The long block is already assembled & painted and sitting in my grandma's garage waiting for spring. Basically, just gotta get my cam & get the head together...then put it on the engine, get it assembled, get the header I need, assemble the turbo and put it on, and then get a clutch and I'll be good to go!

Nah, I work at the local Saturn dealer now. Got in a bit of trouble last summer at Sears and got suspended, so I said screwit and went looking.

You're way further than I am....I don't even have the rebuild kit yet. :p

Ash