Gosh Darn It...Wife is starting to get Mad Now!

Let me premise by saying my wife has never been the biggest fan of my high school car and all that I have been through with it. She prefers our other cars when we go out for a sunday drive or something. (I guess they're not noisy and don't stink like the stang....her words :D)

So as if I haven't spent enough money on this car in the last few months between the custom brakes, saleen kit and paint work. Earlier in the week when installing the brakes I saw my 10 year old flowmaster mufflers had a hole in them so I HAD to buy some magnapacks (which I'm putting on today) Wel.........I had to bite off another grand yesterday. When I went to pull the car into the garage my driveway has a decent incline so I pull in real crooked. I heard a crunch stopped and got out right away. The right rear tire was torqued way up and stuffed waaaay high into the treadwell. I had to idea it could even go up that high. So anways the tire hit the inner fender lip and it cut up the sidewall like a knife. Now the thing is the tires are brand new (400miles) and they don't make them anymore (hankook rs2's) so I can't just go get a new one. I had to order up 2 Nitto NT01's. 315 30 18.

Sorry for the rant..... :mad:

View attachment 189225

View attachment 189226

View attachment 189227

DSC05130.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Ouch man! I'm having the same issues on my car with H&R SS springs until I raised the spring perch on my MM LCA's. I only lifted it about an 1/8in but it killed any eating of sidewall on my car, although the damage has been done, I am only running cheap Sumitomo's on these wheels.

Do all you guys have a fender issue like this with the 315's? As I look in the wheel well the top of the tire actually rubbed the top of the fenderwell too...nothing bad but it rubbed it so that tire was jammed way up there.

I'll be rolling the fenders today. I'm going to buy some 2in pvc pipe and a rubber pipe connector with band clamps. I'll take off the band clamps and slip the sleeve over the pipe. Wedge it into the gap between the fender and the tire and start rolling that thing. Hopefully I don't mess up the paint to bad, but if I do it will be cheaper to have that fixed than eating expsensive tires. :mad:

I think with 315's the 18 inch rim is was causes problems. I have heard less problems with rubbing with the 17" rims in comparison. Could be the fact that you have a lowered car too, roll the fenders and go from there. You could always get some MM or Steeda adjustable LCA's and adjust the ride height to prevent contact.

Do all you guys have a fender issue like this with the 315's? As I look in the wheel well the top of the tire actually rubbed the top of the fenderwell too...nothing bad but it rubbed it so that tire was jammed way up there.

I'll be rolling the fenders today. I'm going to buy some 2in pvc pipe and a rubber pipe connector with band clamps. I'll take off the band clamps and slip the sleeve over the pipe. Wedge it into the gap between the fender and the tire and start rolling that thing. Hopefully I don't mess up the paint to bad, but if I do it will be cheaper to have that fixed than eating expsensive tires. :mad:

Just buy a wooden baseball bat.

What is the correct way to roll a rear fender? I eat up my rears as well. H&R ss with iso delete.

Best way to roll your fenders is to first buy one of these.
Eastwood Fender Roller Tool

After you buy it try renting it out. This tool will defiantly be able to pay for itself if you rent it out. I have a few friends that do this and they make a nice bit of change doing it.

Next you want to get a heat gun and some sort of point and shoot thermometer.
You then want to heat the fenders you are rolling just enough so the paint will not bubble but just enough so the metal becomes more malleable. Then just take your time and use the fender roller slowly. Most fender well are not exactly round and you will have to adjust the roller constantly to get a uniform roll.

Hope this helps somewhat.