got a damaged wheel.

skunk21

May 22, 2007
Taxachusetts
My new wheels and tires came today from 50resto. one of the wheels has a very small knick on the outside lip, no damage to the tire not even a scuff mark, so they must have just mounted the tire and didn't see the mark on the wheel. it's not really big less than a 1/4" .I called them and e-mailed a picture but since that time they closed for the day so I'll talk to them tomorrow. no doubt they will replace it.

I'm posting for some opinions. I need some more parts for my stang and figured I could live with mark on the wheel if they gave me a deal on my parts for all the trouble or should I just make them replace it? I could just touch up the nick with silver paint, it doesn't effect the tire bead, i mean yeah I bought new wheels and should expect just that, any opinions.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure they'll make it right with ya'. They were cool as hell with me when they goofed on shipping me the wrong shift knob - I wound up with a 10th Anniversary Cobra 6-speed knob (worth $65 at the time, compared to the $35 knob I ordered) and they just let me keep it and sent me the correct knob, too. :nice:

I'm sure they will replace it, I'm not concerned with that. I was going to offer to keep the wheel for a discount on some parts I need. I just was looking for opinions from you guys, would you live with a little ding in the wheel and take a discount on parts if offered or just get a replacement wheel, that's more what I was asking about. sorry If my post was confusing.

I personally believe that when you buy something new.. It should be new and should be perfect. But some people aren't as picky. If you dont mind much just say hey how about a discount or free shipping on my next order. Or if it really bothers you, then ask then to ship you a different one for there mistake. Its up to you! Post a picture of it