Got a new daily driver!

2L8ULUZ2

Will kiss Moderator ass for title
Founding Member
Sep 24, 2000
WNC
After 10 years of faithful service the mustang has been retired from it's daily driver status. I got a 99 durango to replace it since I needed something a little bigger and 4x4 as well to get around in the winters we have here in the mountains. It was a one owner and is in great shape and like everything I own I had it about two weeks before the mods started. So far it has a cold air kit I threw together with a spare K&N, a dynomax 3in cat-back, and a hypertech programmer. Next up is a fastman throttle body and I think that will do it for the mods. Now the mustang is going to get some much needed tlc and some fresh paint.
Exterior
durango12.jpg

Engine
durango32.jpg

Interior
durango52.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

94gts said:
is it a 5.9, a 5.2, or 4.7?

5.9L with part time 4x4. Got told by a lot of people that I was going to hate the mileage with the 360 and while it's not as good as the mustang on the highway with the mods and keeping my foot out of it I get around 18-19mpg on the highway on a regular basis.

my freind has a 2000 dakota r/t and i know the 5.9 is balls

It is one bad ass engine for that little truck. He went 15.1 @ 90 stock so i bet that your durango isnt to far behind that. Race some civics in that and it will make you smile:D

That is awesome.. congrats man...

One thing to watch our for on the 5.2 and 5.9 is that they blow the bellypan gasket on the intake. So jsut look into the TB every once in a while to look for excessive oil residue...

Nice looking truck though...

I had a 99 dakota and had problems with the brakes rattling after so many thousand miles the pads would wear a notch into the ear they ride on then I would have to file down the ear to make it smooth - I had a manual and downshifted alot rather than braking which could have been the root of the problem.

RsStanG1987 said:
I like the blazer in front of it better now thats a beater. Nice durango though..

Yea that belongs to a buddy of mine. He got that thing for two old guns and $100 about four years ago. It's a 2.8L with a edelbrock alum intake and holley 4bbl and it has ass loads of miles on it and keeps on going. We have beat the hell out of it in all kinds of conditions and it wont quit.