Got into an accident :(

94gtstang5.0

Nov 10, 2010
On Thanksgiving it was snowing in PA and i was on my way to work and I lost control of my 1994 Mustang GT! The car is totaled and i am lucky to be alive! I would love to get another mustang but i dont know if my Dad is going to let me! Any other car suggestions for me anything helps thanks

• Sponsors (?)

sorry

Sorry dude.. I understand how that must feel. The only good thing about that is the insurance company. I know a guy who drove a an old Dakota truck and completely crashed on the freeway. A week later received a check that was able to get him a new Dodge Charger Rt. Hopefully your dad lets you choose the car you want. And hopefully your insurance company sends you a fat Christmas check lol If it were me and money was not an issue, I would buy the 2011 5.0 Gt but thats just me.

Glad you're OK. Cars can be replaced, but lives can't.

More importantly, OP, do you know HOW you lost control ?

Was it due to poor/defective equipment (ie - drag radials in snow or bald tires)? Too fast for conditions? Over corrected while in a skid, etc ? Someone slide into your car or clip your car ?

Hopefully you learned what factors caused you to lose control and you will be able to avoid repeating those same mistakes in the future. Take away something positive from this event. :)

:cheers:

Thanks guys for the feedback, I lost control of the car when it was snowing pretty heavily. Let alone with not great tread. But i was doing the speed limit and i started to speed up just a little bit and the tires started to spin and from there it was over. Hopefully the insurance company does give me some money for he car! But the car had 85,800 miles on it. Somewhere around there. I will get to some pictures later on today hopefully.

I cant find a car that I want to get its to hard!

Was talking to my dad about this whole experince. The original idea of the Mustang was to drive it during the summer and have another car for the winter. So i went back to that idea with my dad. I pretty sure i conviced him to either get another GT or even a Cobra 1994-1998 Mustang:)

was it your dad's car, or was it your car? and do you need his approval to get another car? i'm guessing you must be fairly young (i'm 50 and my son is now 20).

2 years ago, it was cold as hell out and my son had to drive my mustang. it had summer tires on it (toyo r-888s). they had no traction at all and it caught him by surprise. he ended up going over a curb, ruining the rims and bending the k-member. he was fine though, and there was no body damage.

now i have year round tires on it in case i need to drive it in the winter.

the problem i have with the whole "summer only" thing is, if my "winter" car is in the shop or out of commission for some reason and i need to get somewhere, then what?