Got into the 12's & then...

jbp99cobra

May 16, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Car was running strong all day & was running consistent high 12's. The track was hooking like a SOB and then on my 10th run of the day, it happened. Launched 5 feet & then the car go no more. I broke a half shaft. This is a common problem with Cobras as they are not made for drag racing...especially 99's. Well, I always look at the positive side of things. This gives me the chance to upgrade my IRS!!! She is in the shop getting an IRS from an '04 cobra:D

• Sponsors (?)

jbp99cobra said:
Car was running strong all day & was running consistent high 12's. The track was hooking like a SOB and then on my 10th run of the day, it happened. Launched 5 feet & then the car go no more. I broke a half shaft. This is a common problem with Cobras as they are not made for drag racing...especially 99's. Well, I always look at the positive side of things. This gives me the chance to upgrade my IRS!!! She is in the shop getting an IRS from an '04 cobra:D

What track? Up here in MD a few are still open (Capitol for one, I think) but it's too damn cold for my tastes!

Congrats though. Once I'm in the 12s I'm gonna quit racing it. Really. Honest...

John

jwgroovin said:
What track? Up here in MD a few are still open (Capitol for one, I think) but it's too damn cold for my tastes!

Congrats though. Once I'm in the 12s I'm gonna quit racing it. Really. Honest...

John

I was up at Cecil. They are open for a few more weeks.

Let me know how stopping once you hit 12's works out for ya:rlaugh: you know you won't be able to stop

Now that I hit 12's N/A... it is time to get into the 11's:D Going to try to stay N/A, but I think some of the wet stuff may be put in over the winter.