fmic
tial bov
pro m maf
42lb injectors
walbro 255
bbk afpr
Vortech boost retard
autolite103s gapped .35

Just got my build done and today was the first day i got to start it up. at first it wouldn't fire up, so i figured maybe the used vortech boost retard i bought was junk. so i disconnected it and hooked up the coil back how it is stock. then i cranked it over and the car fired right up. it idled a little high, around 1,100 rpms. i let it run for a few minutes at idle listening for pinging and what not, and i didnt hear anything. seemed fine. my fuel pressure gauge was reading 40psi at idle maybe alittle bit over, and the vacuum line was connected. my vacuum was reading 20 running at idle. so i let it run for about 5 min. and my dad accidently pulled out the wire for the iac valve and the car died. so we plugged it back in and tried to fire it up again and now it wont start. :shrug: anyone have any input on this?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Are those the right plugs for your heads?

Are the plugs fouled?

You might have a cranking-fuel issue while trying to start the engine when it's not cold. The 42's dump over double the amount of fuel the stock injectors did while cranking.

I'd start running Jrichker's Cranks But No Start Checklist.

Good luck.

i got it running today..left the terminals disconnected to reset the computer then it fired right up. the idling problem was a vacuum leak also so i fixed that and that solved that problem. its running pretty smooth with the plugs installed