Got it started but now a question

spade33

Nov 14, 2006
Tempe, Arizona
So as some of you may know my car was not running at all and i finally got it started but its running like spit. My question is i have a billit ready to run msd dist. in the car but replaced my coil with a stock style from autozone. Is it possible that the crappy running is because of a mismatch of my coil and dist.? before i had a blaster2 coil in the car and i cant think of much else that i changed, besides messing the the float levals a little but i have adjusted them out correctly. So is it possible that my coil is the problem?

• Sponsors (?)

ok so scratch that i got a spare coil inthat i had at the house and it still does the same thing. so i guess im leaning towards a vaccume leak? i just dont know where it would have come from. the car wont crank unless i give it some gas right before then crank it over. and even then it will only run for a second and then almost seem like it sputters out, but after running increadibly rough. and if i give it gas to keep it alive it runs rough and then will still sputter out and die. i know its getting gas. so i dont know really where to turn now

"i finally got it started but its running like spit"

This isn't enough info to try and help diagnose the problem.
Do you have some basic tools, like a timing light with tach, and a vacuum gauge?

What is the idle speed? Where is your timing set at? Is it a rough idle? Will it run, and then stall and die?