Got my 2005 in 3 weeks.

Just wanted to gloat a little. I got my 2005 GT last night. I know how hard it is getting to find the GT's with a manual trans, and forget about trying to order one now. Here's how I got mine on short notice. I went to a big dealer (Galpin Ford in Los Angeles). The salesman pulled info on cars that were either just built or about to be built. He found one that was exactly what I wanted. It was just built that day, and was getting ready to be put on a train. He tracked it's progress and the day it landed in Riverside CA and was unloaded he went there personally to pick it up. When he was a few miles from the dealership he called me and I met him there, and the car was mine. They said they couldn't take a deposit on it because technically the car was still up for grabs when it was taken off the train.
Anyway, Galpin went the extra mile, and I'd recommend trying there if you are still looking. The guy that helped me was Leonard. And there is no dealer mark-up there.
I hope I don't get crap like the last time I posted... I'm just trying to be helpful...

• Sponsors (?)