Got my 2005 Mustang GT price quote today...

I went in the the dealer and asked about ordering a new GT so here is the quote. I will scan if I can the ENCS quote sheet later but for now here goes...

MSRP: $23,675.....Privileged Military Price: $22,945
uplift?: $1,175
Protection Plan: $1,595
Freight: $625
Delivery Point: $250
Shaker 500 audio: MSRP: $620.....Military: $561
Total: 26,903
Rebate: $1,000
Financed: $25,903

Some specs:
-ENGINE-
HP: 300 @ 6000
TQ: 315 @4500
Compression: 9.8:1

-TRANSAXLE-
Ratio: 3.55:1

who knows I would love to buy one and send it in to Roush for a Stage 2 build...

Justin

• Sponsors (?)

mine ended up being 27,650. i got a little break because of the plan i have with my company, but i got a fully optioned one(all but the auto). did you order yours or just get a quote? i really cant wait till i get mine, this is gonna be like an april 17th all over again

No this is just a quote. I will not order one till I get some feedback from Roush on having the stage 2 applied. I have an S3 now but no charger for the next generation oh well...

Anyways I forgot to ask about the letter plans I dont know how that works but I can get one of them...

definatly go for the plan, my last 2 stangs ive used it and it rocks. but not on specialty vehicles, like the cobra. on the mach they were willing to cut the dealer mark up of 2500, but that was it on that one, so i just said i'll get the GT and wait till the 05

FallenPhoenix said:
did it actually say "transaxle"? I always thought a transaxle was when the trans mated directly to the axle, ala mid engined cars and the C5 vette (C6 too?)

those arent mid engined. transaxel is dont to move weight to the back of the car. not on the stang though

mity2 said:
Brutalstang, what is your schedule delivery date?

i believe the dealer said the build date was withen a week or two of 10/28/04, and that the delivery date would be mid to end of november, i may have gotten the build date wrong, that was just from memory :rolleyes:

sgtfirormsg said:
Rebate: $1,000

Rebate $1000????? Any one remember when rebates didn't exist? Or when they only brought them out to sell cars that were sitting on lots?

Why put a rebate on a car that is on back order, and not even out??? Not sure if this is in the stockholders best interest, and isnt that the first responsiblity (Legally) for the company?

I'm just niave and confused.

Maybe rebate was bad word for it DISCOUNT better....all I know is thats what it says on my price worksheet quote Rebate $1,000 so I am not complaining hahaha

Yes it said transaxle on the sheet...

Protection plan was the warranty something like 7 years 75,000 miles. Pointless though cause I wouldnt have it that long more then likely and I will mod it as soon as parts come out.

No idea what the UPLIFT is...

I didnt order it and wont be until I find out some info from Roush. I just wanted to get a price figure...

BrutalStang said:
i believe the dealer said the build date was withen a week or two of 10/28/04, and that the delivery date would be mid to end of november, i may have gotten the build date wrong, that was just from memory :rolleyes:

you have to wait that long!?!?!
I'de be on phone with dealer EVERYDAY until i get my car if I were you

I would not go back to that dealer. What they've quoted you is no deal, it's a bunch of hogwash where they invent a charge that negates all of the perceived "discounts" they're giving you. "UPLIFT"?? That's made up, doesn't exist. "DELIVERY POINT"?? Again, totally invented by that dealer, not a factory invoiced charge. That's a total of $1425.00 that they are pick-pocketing you for, which pretty much wipes out your "rebate" and priviliged military discount. Which for the record, is a pretty slim discount, which makes me wonder if they're making that up too. I would research that more... $730 bucks off of MSRP isn't diddly, civilians buy for thousands less than that just by walking into the showroom with the car already priced-out on MSN Autos. So I say, "Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!!" That quote looks like a protypical test-case for car dealership price fudging. If the charge isn't on the window-sticker of the vehicle, it's not part of the price of the car, and they're not dealing above-board with you. I don't negotiate with dealers that try to smoke & mirror me, there's too many Ford dealers out there that actually do deal honestly and deserve the business.

RICKS said:
I would not go back to that dealer. What they've quoted you is no deal, it's a bunch of hogwash where they invent a charge that negates all of the perceived "discounts" they're giving you. "UPLIFT"?? That's made up, doesn't exist. "DELIVERY POINT"?? Again, totally invented by that dealer, not a factory invoiced charge. That's a total of $1425.00 that they are pick-pocketing you for, which pretty much wipes out your "rebate" and priviliged military discount. Which for the record, is a pretty slim discount, which makes me wonder if they're making that up too. I would research that more... $730 bucks off of MSRP isn't diddly, civilians buy for thousands less than that just by walking into the showroom with the car already priced-out on MSN Autos. So I say, "Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!!" That quote looks like a protypical test-case for car dealership price fudging. If the charge isn't on the window-sticker of the vehicle, it's not part of the price of the car, and they're not dealing above-board with you. I don't negotiate with dealers that try to smoke & mirror me, there's too many Ford dealers out there that actually do deal honestly and deserve the business.

He's in Seoul, presumably serving in the military. Is that where they are shipping the car? Perhaps "Uplift" and "Delivery Point" has something to do with that.

ryanrule said:
those arent mid engined. transaxel is dont to move weight to the back of the car. not on the stang though

Which is why I said "mid engined cars and..."

I haven't heard even a rumor of the trans being anywhere but the traditional position so maybe this was just the dealer trying to sound smart.

I HAVE NOT ORDERED IT AND I AM NOT ORDERING IT....I just wanted to see the price for a 05.

No idea what uplift is but I will go in and ask to let you guys know.

As for the delivery charge I believe that is because I am ordering it from ford so they have to deliver it to my home town ford dealer.

If I were to order one I would order it with absolutely zero options cause I am trying to work something out with Roush for a stage 2 package...

As for the delivery charge I believe that is because I am ordering it from ford so they have to deliver it to my home town ford dealer.
That's what the $625 charge is for, flat rate on all Ford vehicle's to cover getting the car to ANY dealer. The "Delivery Point" is just an invented name, intended to "sound" legitimate, used to hose you. The same kind of tactics are also commonplace in the finance office, where they try to skim more hundreds with charges like "finance insurance" and such.... You really got to be careful, so many sleazy dealerships out there. THAT SAID, given your present location in Seoul, I don't know if there's anything special about where you're having the car ultimately delivered. If that's the case, I'm ranting about nothing I suppose. But if it was quoted simply to arrive at a dealer in the States, trust me, you're dealing with a$$holes. I realize you're not necessarily buying from this dealer, it just irks me when I see this kind of plaid-suit-used-car stuff going on in what should be purely professional businesses.