Got my Cobra Today

drcomputer75

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2000
Summerville, SC
  • Sponsors (?)

drcomputer75 said:
I can't seem to get it in reverse though. I have once, can't get in there again. Is there a trick to it?

With the stick in neutral, push all the way to the left, then all the way to the right and on into reverse. Might be a bit of a push to get all the way right.

... just get the shifter to the right as hard as you can then go up. It took me a few tries when I got mine, eventually you will get use to it. I also went from an auto to a manual.. get use to working that left leg for the first few days... enjoy the new snake

Nice color for the Snake!

About the reverse issue. I guess this is common with the late models.... something about reverse not having synchro gears or something :shrug:

I've found that when I can't get it to go into reverse I just put it in a forward gear and edge forward a tiny bit, then i try reverse again and it works.

You're going to love your Cobra!!!!!! :flag:

congrats! I have been trying to work a deal for a couple of weeks but it seems the wife had other plans. instead of coming home with an 03 cobra we came home with an 03 expedition. :shrug:

:lol: Sorry to hear about that one man...

Congrats on the new car though to get back on topic :D. I havent had any trouble getting mine in reverse so Im no help there :(. My '03 is my first manual, and I LOVE IT. Best thing Ive done so far in my opinion, now buy you a Tri Ax and youll love it even more :nice: . Best of luck man, and nice ride!!!

StangLou said:
:lol: Sorry to hear about that one man...

Congrats on the new car though to get back on topic :D.

well I worked a deal out with her, told her that I get all the tax return to get the supercharger of my choice and all the little extras, injectors, fuel pump, guages, ect. by that time the KB should be out but I doubt it. :nonono:

White360RFnSwee said:
you have my videos on there, Im kinda surprised on where you got them?

The stage 2 Roush vs the 360R

-Ryan
I am have been keeping videos since I have been a member of the board. If you posted them, I have kept them.

On shifting to reverse, I was playing with it and going over to reverse and holding it 3 secs. seems to make it go into reverse. I need more practice though. I only stalled it once today. I made a practice run to work and played around with it in our huge parking lot. Thanks for all the help.