Got my first NEW automobile!!

95CobraMike

Apr 12, 2004
Lima OH
2005 Chevy colorado xtreme!!!

mytruck.jpg

i pick it up today in about 30 minutes! i know its not a ford..... BUT its a pretty sweet chevy :nice:

i had to find a smooth transition between my stang and a truck like vehical, i found this to be the best for my needs and wants... what do you all think?

:flag:

Attachments

• mytruck.jpg
    mytruck.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Sponsors (?)

looks ok,

Hope it does not have that I5 in it, I have some real issues with that motor. Very little power, the friggan batt. has a air duct to help keep it cool from all the engine heat. The I5 also has a very real possability of developing overheating issues, C&D had one in light sand and the temp guage went too high for them and they love the general. Seems like the I5 is like the old 2.8 v6.

congrats on the new ride though been wanting to see how someone in the real world like them.

VibrantRedGT said:
Nice looking truck!. I'll have a Chevy in a few weeks as well, 2006 Impala company car. At least they changed the body style on this one and ditched those nasty round tail lights.

Hopefully your getting the Impala with new small block they been advertising lately??? 303 HP I think??? Smoke the tires right off that Betty... :D

Nice truck...Chevy or not...new is nice... :nice:

Thanks for the complimets...

it does have the I5 in it, its a 3.5 liter, rated at 220 hp and 225 tq... but it also came with 3:73 gears...which i liked... i wish i could have more power, but i didnt want to crap on my gas mileage. the sticker says 18 city and 23 hwy...so we'll see

and with the GM employee price + 1000 rebate it was a pretty sweet deal. :nice:

RIO5.0 said:
Hopefully your getting the Impala with new small block they been advertising lately??? 303 HP I think??? Smoke the tires right off that Betty... :D

Nice truck...Chevy or not...new is nice... :nice:

Yea I wish. That's the SS and I'm getting an LT. I get the mighty powerfull 211 HP 3.5L. I read a remote starter is standard equipment on the LT. That would be nice for hot days and getting the car cool before I got in it. My company will probably have it taken out to save money. Should be here in 5 weeks. I ordered black on black again. "Airborne" my 2003 black on black Taurus is hurting. The A/C is getting warmer and warmer. The back windows don't work. It has more dings than I can even count. I guess I launched it too many times.

VibrantRedGT said:
Yea I wish. That's the SS and I'm getting an LT. I get the mighty powerfull 211 HP 3.5L. I read a remote starter is standard equipment on the LT. That would be nice for hot days and getting the car cool before I got in it. My company will probably have it taken out to save money. Should be here in 5 weeks. I ordered black on black again. "Airborne" my 2003 black on black Taurus is hurting. The A/C is getting warmer and warmer. The back windows don't work. It has more dings than I can even count. I guess I launched it too many times.

haha what exactly do you do for a living? id love to get a job that gave me a company car :D