Got my first ticket last night...

I worked 3rd shift last night, and on my way home for lunch I kinda got on it after I pulled onto the street. When the car shifted to 2nd the tires gave a good screech then I shut it down as I was going about 10mph over the limit.

Well about a mile down the road some cop comes out of nowhere and pulls me over. Gave me a ticket for "Unreasonable/Imprudent Speed". Gonna cost me $202.10, and 4 points.. As I was pulled over another cop decides to come see what is up, so now I have two frikin cops behind me with there lights going. Sat there for at least 15 minutes. Wonder what the people driving by thought.

• Sponsors (?)

tomustang said:
Fight it in court, say you are getting adjusted to the gears

When I got caught for my 40ft smoke show by a motors cop in 1998(when I was 17 and has the car for a few months) I told him I dont drive stick and I was pissed that my dad was making me pick up his car from the shop because I am so uncomfertable with a manual and dint want to stall pulling on the freeway. :lol: It worked.

That was when the BMW cop bikes first came out and I was like wow look at that cool new beemer in my rear view, then ," **** it has blue lights on the front, then, **** their flashing!"

:lol: :rlaugh:

Sorry to hear about that man.. I have to go to court wednesday for a stupid ass ticket.. Guess i'll just pay it instead of trying to say I wasn't guilty (because i'm 100% sure it wasn't me doing the speed the cop clocked me at, since the guy on my tail was gaining on me) :nonono:

McTeague said:
The cops always "come out of no where" especially the motorcycle cops :(
those bastards gave me my first ticket in 3 years last week :mad:

i mean yeah, I was speeding, but the speed limit goes from 50, to 45, to 40 in a matter of maybe a 1/4 mile. Its a two lane highway in a non-residential area. Im gonna whip my dong out at the judge and tell him if he doesnt want it in the ass he better work some magic with his tongue real quick.

That sucks. The reason another cop came is because that is their standard procedure. Have another car come just for protection .... I've been pulled a bazillion times in my Mustang.

Go to court and do what TOM said. Say your speedo was off because of your recent installation of gears or something to that nature. If you don't want to go that route, if you just show up, the judge will probably drop it to two points (which won't affect your insurance).

I think you're asking for more trouble than it's worth by fighting it. You did do something wrong, even if you didn't exactly go over the speed limit. So, since you did violate the law and deserve the ticket, just take the licks and learn the lesson.

In 2003 I got caught street racing in Sacramento and got slapped with a Speed Contest (still with me to this day, doesn't drop off to 2008) and a $1,300 fine. Almost lost my license. The only reason I didn't, was because I told the truth and owned up to my mistake unlike the other individuals involved who didn't own up to it, and were punished more severely for it.

Seriously. I think you could beat the case, it may even be probable. I don't know, I'm not an attorney. But if you broke the law, and were caught, no sense in playing OJ Simpson on it. Laws exist for a reason.

Just my opinion. Maybe the Army corrupted my litigious American way of thinking...

helty said:
Im gonna whip my dong out at the judge and tell him if he doesnt want it in the ass he better work some magic with his tongue real quick.
This is why convetional wisdom says you should never try to represent yourself in court :rlaugh:

McTeague said:
This is why convetional wisdom says you should never try to represent yourself in court :rlaugh:
and I never will, trust me. I have to go to court for this one bc it was 15 over the speed limit. Just gonna be respectful to the judge, admit I was wrong and pay the fine. Maybe he'll have some leniency (sp) since this is my first speeding ticket in over 5 years. Either way theres $200-$300 taken out of my modding account, all bc I had to take a duce before going to work and it took longer than I expected. :nonono:

helty said:
and I never will, trust me. I have to go to court for this one bc it was 15 over the speed limit. Just gonna be respectful to the judge, admit I was wrong and pay the fine. Maybe he'll have some leniency (sp) since this is my first speeding ticket in over 5 years. Either way theres $200-$300 taken out of my modding account, all bc I had to take a duce before going to work and it took longer than I expected. :nonono:

:rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Part of that ticket will be taken away tho :).. I know from experince :nonono: lol.. But the rest shouldn't be more than $200

squares98 said:
When I got caught for my 40ft smoke show by a motors cop in 1998(when I was 17 and has the car for a few months) I told him I dont drive stick and I was pissed that my dad was making me pick up his car from the shop because I am so uncomfertable with a manual and dint want to stall pulling on the freeway. :lol: It worked.

That was when the BMW cop bikes first came out and I was like wow look at that cool new beemer in my rear view, then ," **** it has blue lights on the front, then, **** their flashing!"
:rlaugh:

I was following a group of cars that were doing around 60 mph in a 45 zone and the cop pulls me over because Im the one in a Mustang GT with a loud exhaust. The other cars were ur standard crap. So he slaps me with a 250 dollar ticket. I was doing 61 mph and he gave me a ticket for 69 mph. I tought he gave me the ticket for doing 24 mph over because 21 mph over was the next level of ticket. I was so pissed because I was targeted and I had to pay more then I had too. Then In traffic school I find out that cars with metal-flake paint usally read faster then they really are going.

And Dark Shadow Gray is metalic

I thought for sure I was getting a ticket this morning... dunno how I didnt.

I was going down a road, had to make a turn into a parking lot. No other cars in there, so I didnt really slow down much, and I dropped it in 2nd and blipped the gas a little and got a nice chirp from the tires.

Look to my right, theres a patrol car sitting across the road with his window down... just staring at me. I felt my stomach drop and waited from him to come over laughing at my ignorance, lol... didnt happen though... I was really suprised.

DerekStangGT said:
im 20, and since i started driving ~4 years ago, ive been pulled over 7 times and recieved 7 speeding tickets. im currently on probation until August 31st.
:nonono:
Well, the good news is that you should have a lock on any girls that are looking for bad boyz to bring home to piss off daddy :nice: