Got My New 5.0 Mag...Depressed

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
As if it werent bad enough that our cars are the "red-headed stepchild", now, everytime you look at articles and ads, it's all about the '05 stang.

It seems that parts, articles, ads, etc for are cars are fading more with each new issue that comes out.

I know that they need to appeal to all audiences, but then again, it IS called

Just wanted to vent.
RC

• Sponsors (?)

I rarely buy stang mag's anymore. I usually just go read them in the book store when I go to the mall with the girl. She goes off into her gay stores I read the mag's while I wait. Its rare that theres something interesting in them.

When there is something "good" in them its usually ruined because they do the stuff all wrong with junk parts and then you get guys on the forums using that bad article as "proof" for something. Pathetic :nonono:

Don't worry, I recently busted on associate editor MJ that the mag should be re-named to '05 instead of 5-0. He admitted they are running a lot of '05 articles but that they have stuff other than the '05 stuff planned for some upcoming issues. He said its just that this car has taken the entire market by storm and that there are so many new things happening with it, which I do agree with.

Killercanary said:
Don't worry, I recently busted on associate editor MJ that the mag should be re-named to '05 instead of 5-0. He admitted they are running a lot of '05 articles but that they have stuff other than the '05 stuff planned for some upcoming issues. He said its just that this car has taken the entire market by storm and that there are so many new things happening with it, which I do agree with.
That's good to know about the articles, but the same thing happens with ads for parts....the stuff for new cars is featured, and when you look at a certain item, it seems that you always see 86-93, and then 96-up :mad: for the prices.

I will continue to buy 5.0 anyway, since the subscription price is so low, and it keeps me learning.

RC

MM&FF has had every shootout except 94-95. Now they are doing duplicates. This month they did 4.6's again. The fastest one barely broke a 12.0 with a ton of work.

I don't subscribe to 5.0 anymore. This will be my last year of MM&FF. I have magazine from 1993 through 2005. I need to get rid of them.

VibrantRedGT said:
I have magazine from 1993 through 2005. I need to get rid of them.

Just imagine. If you had every penny you spent on 12 years of magazines (all of them) .... think what you can do to your car. I haven't bought one in a while. I just glance through them at the stand. Nothing catches my eyes anymore, so screw it. That's more $$ I can put towards the car.

Every time I pick up a mustang mag all I read about is how well the 4V mod motor responds to boost.

We know it responds well to boost. In fact, a 4V V8 DOHC motor will probably respond well to anything. When you make upgrades that force large amounts of air into an engine that has the capability from the factory to flow large amounts of air, then good things happen.

Making these cars fast isn't as challenging or exciting as biulding up an old school 5.0, IMO. Pushrods 4 life! (or until I can afford a 32V 281)

adam

an email sent.

Okay, so I went more of a subtle route on writing an email to 5.0 Mag, but i was/am still steamed about it. I'm probably over-reacting about the "red-headed stepchild" comment, but it made be feel like ****, so i thought i should do something about it. Unfortunately writing an email to the editor was the best I could come up with :shrug:

-------------------

Hello,
simple question,
did you refer to the 94-95 5.0L mustang as the "red-headed stepchild"?

please confirm,
thank you,

Douglas Caldwell

-----------------------

Douglas,

Probably. Not because we don't like them. We do. They just don't receive the
support from the aftermarket that, say, the Fox or New Edge cars do.

Steve Turner
Editor-in-Chief
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords magazine
Mustang & Fords magazine
Focus Fanatic magazine
Check us out on the Web at:
www.50mustangandsuperfords.com
www.mustangandfords.com

-------------------

Steve,

I would like to start off by thanking you for replying back to me. I do understand and agree with the reasoning behind the things written in your magazine. I'm sure you probably receive enough annoying feedback about what people dislike with what you are doing, but please just realize that by publishing certain things [red-headed stepchild] you are now alienating; a small portion at least, of mustang enthusiasts.
I do agree that it's a funny and an appropriate nickname for the 94-95 5.0L mustangs, given their limited amounts, and I'm also sure you can assume I am an owner of one of them... it's just that making fun of a specified group of mustangs your magazine is essentially publishing about is not winning over your fan base. I don't know about you, but I don't like the idea that my car is a red-headed stepchild... it makes me feel crappy about owning my car.
Thanks again for your time,

Douglas Caldwell