Got my turbo kit back from jet-hot

Well i got the kit back. It took a little longer then expected but it was worth the wait. Everything came out great. And their warranty on the coating is awesome..

I had the complete kit coated including the cold side. I didnt need to have the cold side done, but the one cold side pipe you will see in the engine bay i wanted to be shiney, and to have the other 3 pieces of the cold side coated wasnt to much more money. Plus i have the satifaction of knowing it wont rust..

So heres the pics let me know what you think.. That damn balancer looks so rusty in pics, but in person it looks pretty decent.. It drives me nuts. ANd im not sure if il will keep the turbo blanket or go with a stainless steel shield since the shield would look better

114178.jpg

114179.jpg

114180.jpg

114181.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

NeverFastEngh said:
Looks great. Where did you get the piping? How thick are the header flanges and what size is your piping? If you dont mind. Who did jet-hot and how much?

Thanks
Edison

Its a B+G hot side kit. That includes the 1-3/4 headers, crossover, 3-1/2" Downpipe, and i got the tial wastegate from them as well. I believe it was 1100 uncoated. SO about 900 for just the hot side.I made the cold side myself, which is all 2-1/2". If i did it again i would probably go 3inch on the cold side. The flange is 1/2"

I sent the kit directly to jet-hot themselves. The guy in my area that used to do it went out of business so i had no other choice. The total bill from them was 530 dollars. That included the shipping back. I paid about 60 to ship it to them, so close to 600 in total.

yellow1995Cobra said:
Its a B+G hot side kit. That includes the 1-3/4 headers, crossover, 3-1/2" Downpipe, and i got the tial wastegate from them as well. I believe it was 1100 uncoated. SO about 900 for just the hot side.I made the cold side myself, which is all 2-1/2". If i did it again i would probably go 3inch on the cold side. The flange is 1/2"

I sent the kit directly to jet-hot themselves. The guy in my area that used to do it went out of business so i had no other choice. The total bill from them was 530 dollars. That included the shipping back. I paid about 60 to ship it to them, so close to 600 in total.

Thanks, looks great.

DAMN, looking good. The coating cost more than I would have expected, but its the only way to go. I have had Jet Hot do some of my stuff before, they do great work.

Keep us updated with pics.

Thanks everyone! :)

Kornnut said:
How do you like the B&G stuff? I am waiting on them to email me back about if they take paypal.

His hot is nice. The only thing i dont like about it is how close the turbo is the fenderwell. I had a PTK kit way back when, and i liked how that turbo was positioned MUCH better. Heres some pics so you understand...

Heres the B+G kit, look how tight the turbo is to the fenderwell. This limits the air filter choices big time..

76255.jpg

78739.jpg

Now look at the ptk kit on my old car.. You can see how the turbo is straight, almost parallel to the fender.

114567.jpg

I like this design much better. It gives the option to stick a BIG MOUTH air filter on there, then just remove the headlight at the track and you have some sweet air injection right into the turbo.

Witht he B+G kit i was thinking of putting a 90 right off the turbo into the fender with a filter in there, but i prefer as few fender holes as possible. So ill probably just do the headlight thing with this setup, without a big mouth filter though..

Oh and by the way it took about 20 weeks to get just the hotside. He said he was backed up then though...