Got plugs 4 'Cuda, didnt notice they were Platinum plugs tho....NOW WHAT?

FrdMustangCpe

May 27, 2004
Sin City, NV
I got some plugs for my 318 cuda. I didnt notice that they were platinum plugs till i walked out the door, and i was wondering if this will hurt performance or anything. They are autolites.

Any info helps, since i already have them, should i keep them? :shrug:

thanx :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

FrdMustangCpe said:
I got some plugs for my 318 cuda. I didnt notice that they were platinum plugs till i walked out the door, and i was wondering if this will hurt performance or anything. They are autolites.

Just my experience: they work fine for the first few thousand miles, then things go downhill...they have such small surface area that they get easily fouled and you have to regularly pull them out to clean them. Coppers are just easier in my opinion and there's just no difference in power.

FrdMustangCpe said:
What do you guys suggest I get. Im gonna swap the plugs (at the store) tomorrow. Its been idling a little rough, so ill try the plugs first. :rolleyes:

You'll want to check with some Mopar guys for sure, but I seem to recall some people I knew always had them running good with Champion plugs. :shrug:

I'm with Adam. i also would check with the 318 guys, as he said, and see what they run.
if that is an older ignition system (no box, etc), i bet the ignition system does not need any addition bottlenecks - copper runs hotter (at the expense of quicker gap erosion).

my two cents. BTW, nice lookin cuda you got.

good luck.

exchange them for champion regular copper plugs.platinums are only made to last longer,not perform better,until the platinum tip falls off.champion plugs are only good for mopars and lawnmowers.5 years in a mopar dealership taught me that.

well i ended up getting regular autolites cuz they were outta ngk and champions. which should have told me go somewhere else, but my car wasnt here yet so i just settled for the autolites. So Rattrap, your suggesting on the next time i change plugs i should definately go for Champs?

thanx

FrdMustangCpe said:

why don't you check on a cuda site idiot